The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Floods, Fires, Fear of Covid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Here's some news that'll make you want to inhale...

" DENVER (KDVR) — Mayor Michael Hancock issued a “Home by 10” order for Denver and Denver County that will go into effect on Sunday following a rapid surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. FOX31 has learned that protesters will still be allowed to gather. They will be required to wear a mask and be socially distanced."

Apparently the goose and the gander are not equals.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Here's some news that'll make you want to inhale...

" DENVER (KDVR) — Mayor Michael Hancock issued a “Home by 10” order for Denver and Denver County that will go into effect on Sunday following a rapid surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. FOX31 has learned that protesters will still be allowed to gather. They will be required to wear a mask and be socially distanced."

Apparently the goose and the gander are not equals.

So what do you think will happen if they don't wear a mask and be socially distanced? Going by recent history I expect not much?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I haven't a clue. Perhaps they're mostly younger and either don't get it, get a mild case or think it's the flu and certainly won't bother going to the doctors. How do you measure the cases here anyway. You think these protestors bother with contract tracing? If they bother going to see a doctor, you think they tell the Doc that they've been protesting? Certainly not that they may have been busy burning, rioting and looting. I really don't see how it's better for us to stay home but for these folks it's okay? My point here is, if this is so bad for all of us, why are they making exceptions for these people? I could surmise many things here but I'll leave it alone. It's these types of conflicting mandates that make people wonder what in tarnation is really going on here.

(To be transparent, I do not bother with contact tracing and have never been affiliated with either party. I have been an independent voter since 1976.)

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I actually just wondered if the "authorities" would do anything about these "gatherings". I found it hilarious that up here the protestors were carrying on as normal, no sign of any masks or distancing, while the "authorities" just watched and did nothing. So your questions pretty much echo mine!

In the V6L
Where was the light a week ago?? Makes you wonder.
The trial infection count is at 57% of the target, so there's a long way to go still until it's final. As the news items say, it's highly unusual for the data oversight group (not the company) to release any indications of success (or failure) at this early stage. If it had been released two weeks ago, it would have been even more speculative and it would have been interpreted by many as a political ploy, whether it actually was or not. This way, it's just what they say it is - an early indication that there might be a successful vaccine on the way that'll be rolled out to the public next year.

There's hope yet...But this must be a world wide effort or close down all our the airports....That's how it got here in the first place................That's how New York got so bad so quick!!

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Makes you wonder.

I don’t wonder much at all about things that happen within my predicted range of possibilities.

Remember when most were saying that the vaccine was more than a year out? I was saying could easily be less than a year with all the money and effort being spent on it. Distribution is another matter. Which one will be ‘selected’ is too. Those are bigger variables that’ll affect when and who gets it first.

Grant 302

There's hope yet...But this must be a world wide effort or close down all our the airports....That's how it got here in the first place................That's how New York got so bad so quick!!
There’s always hope. And no, the airports don’t need to close.

Lots of places can actually open up more with very basic test guidelines/requirements. And in many places tests are readily available and more importantly, free.

New York got bad because of its population density and the lack of knowledge about transmission. We are a long way from those times. But the smarter people behave this winter will determine how well things go.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
If it had been released two weeks ago, it would have been even more speculative and it would have been interpreted by many as a political ploy, whether it actually was or not.
Agree, the report is speculation. Would have been last week also. The "Ploy" is relative to timing.

Grant 302

This is very true, but people are getting tired of all the protocols and are now starting to let their guards down, especially now that the colder weather is settling in and indoor gatherings are more the norm....indoor.parties have been spiking our covid rates up here.................
This is why it’s more important than ever for people to be smart and be safe.

TMO Supporting Vendors