The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Floods, Fires, Fear of Covid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Fabman, If you Are right about those dire predictions ( which I hope you are!!) We will get thru this winter in good shape...Did you get a flu shot?
Those aren't my predictions, its from an article, there are many of them.
Remember in the 70's they said we were all going to freeze to death from the coming ice age?
Take another look at that list and see how many of these "Predictions" you remember.
Then ask yourself how many actually came true.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I wouldn't believe Trump if he said anything....There's no such thing as an honest politician...that's an oxymoron.................
Trump is not a politician....he's a business man. That's why he's been able to achieve so much that establishment politicians haven't. You cant solve a problem with the same mindset that created it and they certainly don't want you to know about his many many successes. That's why the 3 1/2 years of constant distraction.....ever ask yourself why they can never back up the accusations with evidence? When their BS attacks are exposed they just move on to the next BS story but not one of them has been proven. Not one. Not one. Not one.

There was one prediction that I would be rich and famous some day ( that's one I made)...I'm still waiting for that one to happen..at least I have a Boss in the garage, so all is not lost......, carry on with your Race car, Sal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Remember the russian collusion fiasco? 2 1/2 years of investigations, hundreds of lawyers and investigators and 40 million dollars later they were able to produce.....no evidence. So what happens the next day? Ukrane gate! So they impeach him on "he said she said" and when they take the case to the senate they produce......no evidence. Its all smoke and mirrors. A game to get rid of the guy that has exposed them as the charlatans that they are.....of course they want him gone. They were screaming for impeachment at his inauguration. The man hadn't even taken office yet.....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I'm still waiting for them to find the weapons of mass destruction Bush was sure Saddam had stashed away somewhere................
That was BS too. Like I said, there is a segment that needs us to be in constant Kaos, it distracts us from what's really going on. It keeps us scared and begging for protection so we give up our liberty's, and that's exactly what's happened....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
‘They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.’
-Benjamin Franklin

sfo
Be careful Fabman..Covid ain't tthru with any of us yet!!!!!!!!!!!!...This is going way past more than I ever thought would have happened....it just gets worst instead of getting better!....2nd wave on the way folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Thanks to indoor gatherings and college students who don't give a crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever wondered why the stadium at the world series isn't packed shoulder to shoulder yet it is deemed safe for airlines to fill every seat shoulder to shoulder? Big political disconnect here.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Covid is a serious disease wrapped up in political bullsh!t. When mosquitoes are out I wear deet or a bug suit and keep fishing. Either surf the covid wave or get crushed by it.
Yep. Mosquitos kill 1,000,000 per year globally. Most deaths occur in Africa. Still, we access and adapt to the risk.

If Covid had only arrived in a non-election year. We may have seen some real science then.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Don't watch the Amazon series Utopia if you're thinking of getting a flu shot. It will make you think twice.

I've been taught, like when on the track in my Boss, it's okay to be afraid but don't drive in fear. There is a big difference between the two.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I've been taught, like when on the track in my Boss, it's okay to be afraid but don't drive in fear. There is a big difference between the two.
Fear is human. Its all about how you handle it.

Everyone should have to go sky diving. Save your own life a few times a day and you soon realize there are things that can kill you and actions you can/must take to survive. You also learn quickly what is important and what is not. What is introduced SIMPLY to make your fearful and what is important and must be acted upon.

Down here in Florida there's a place called Belle Glade, extremely poor, made up of a lot of Haitian folks with sketchy hygiene habits. It use to be, and maybe still does, hold the record for the highest amount of AIDs per capita in the US.
I stop at the exit before it and put a condom on just to drive past it...just to be safe.
With regards to COVID, I was talking to the officer at my firehouse that took my spot when I retired, he was telling me that you could jump out of an airplane, your chute malfunction, and if the autopsy said you tested positive for COVID, that's what you died from. Contrast the death rate in Florida with that of New York, sort of the same population size but in Fla the governor made sure anyone that tested positive was removed form the nursing homes immediately, (since a nursing home is an absolute target of this disease) and it was reasonably controlled. In New York, the idiot Cuomo sent the patients back to the nursing homes and the disease spread like wildfire, killing thousands.
I guess that's the difference between a governor who is a former Navy SEAL who looks out for his state and a career politician with an agenda.

TMO Supporting Vendors