The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Floods, Fires, Fear of Covid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
The older generation taught us those values, but those values some how got lost between us and the new generation coming up...All tho some young folks still have the morals we learned growing up......Keep hope alive.....;)
My son has the same value system my father taught me, as does his son. Both upstanding young men I'm proud to call family.

The older generation taught us those values, but those values some how got lost between us and the new generation coming up...All tho some young folks still have the morals we learned growing up......Keep hope alive.....;)

I read someplace where the #1 occupation of the ANTIFA crowd is that of educator, not sure how true that is, but the US has basically handed its public ed system to the " woke" crowd. Maybe a positive thing to come out of this COVID deal is that more parents will have to.engage in their kids education

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I read someplace where the #1 occupation of the ANTIFA crowd is that of educator, not sure how true that is, but the US has basically handed its public ed system to the " woke" crowd. Maybe a positive thing to come out of this COVID deal is that more parents will have to.engage in their kids education

I think the problem is that many people let the schools ‘parent’ their kids. Been like that since the ‘70s...when most households went double income. Parents in the ‘80s just became their kids buddies...because they were guilty about the time spent away from them. And the downhill spiral continued.

But I think your statement applies more to specific areas.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Two different perspectives:

Grant 302

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Fabman is busy as a one legged man in an Axx whopping contest and this thread, well....

View attachment 59121
I just don't think we are going to be able to hide from this. The sooner we reach heard immunity the better.
Otherwise its just going to keep coming back over and over and we'll be locked down forever...The cure can't be worse than the disease. Its 99% survivable. Let the vulnerable hide and wear masks and let the people get back to work.

122750798_10158887720448535_4730055545189960850_n.jpg

Bay Area
Key word. THINKS... Not data or evidence. I THINK Brazilians are hotter than Russians. But thats just a think theory. Eff that guy and his stance on this. Especially, when he is the only one at a baseball game.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Two different perspectives:

View attachment 59125

This is perhaps the most telling part of both videos.

Thanks for the comparison. It does explain why some opinions vary so much.
After seeing this it makes much more sense to me for sure. I still think herd immunity is going to be the ultimate solution though. If there's a vaccination, great, but there's a vaccination for the flu and people still get sick and lots of them still die.
I think its unavoidable. Here's a question for everyone to ponder....How many people do you personally know that have had Covid and actually got sick from it? Okay, now how many people do you personally know that had the Flu and got sick?
Which number is bigger? Covoid is 99% survivable....I'm not sure why we worry so much about it....

let's go back to the original cause of all this confusion (no not China) but the crappy news media. Barring the fact that the mainstream media (IMO) has an agenda (including FB, Google, Twitter and YouTube, again IMO) it still goes back to the spread of bogus numbers by misc news agencies. Back in the day we had this guy named Walter Conkrite, he was a very liberal but also a very honorable guy. For years he was the gold standard of the news agencies in the US. This was back when the news was actually, the news, as an example, if Conkrite said blacks were marching in Selma and the cops set dogs on them and squirted them with fire hoses, you could bet your ass that blacks were marching in Selma Alabama, cops set dogs on them and squirted them with fire hoses. Conkrite always stated the news, everyone in America watched him, no one knew what his politics were, he just reported the news. Sometime around the early 70s the news was no longer reported, it was sensationalized for ratings, not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but it transformed itself into this orgy of misinformation, at first it was "get the story out first" (accuracy be damned) then, once people were watching they'd follow up the usually sketchy first announcements with some actual facts. Then it morphed into the ability to change peoples minds and to direct political power. As an example I lived through, in the election of 2000 you would have thought the entire state of Florida was unable to vote, endless videos of hanging chad followed by political commentary. The fact is ALL that controversy happened in the most liberal precinct, in the most liberal city, in the most liberal county, in the state of Florida.. that was it.
What was even sadder was the liberal supervisor of elections there, whose family had been in politics for years, the same lady that printed the ballots with a full explanation in all the county newspapers the week before, was totally thrown under the bus, her own political party blaming her for the entire ballot incident, while the political organization was suing in that county to allow votes to be counted, they were also suing in the mostly conservative panhandle to KEEP FROM counting votes.
none of you would know this by the news form the front lines but it's absolutely true.
Recently I noticed a news station talking about how this Floyd guy died from a cop, even though the coroner says he died of a Fentanyl overdoes, regardless of what side you are on (it really doesn't matter) it was the **** stirrers in the media that added gasoline to the flames instead of waiting for the facts to come out. The mainstream media is pure, unadulterated BS, I don't believe a single one of them, not even with the local affiliates. If they said the sky was blue, I'd have to go out and check.
I lay all of this confusion right on their doorstep where it belongs. This is why I don't vilify anyone if they DO want to wear a mask, or they DON"T, because I really don't know and neither does anyone else.
We need Walter Conkrite back again.

From WIKKI

Walter Leland Cronkite Jr. (November 4, 1916 – July 17, 2009) was an American broadcast journalist who served as anchorman for the CBS Evening News for 19 years (1962–1981). During the 1960s and 1970s, he was often cited as "the most trusted man in America" after being so named in an opinion poll.
Cronkite reported many events from 1937 to 1981, including bombings in World War II; the Nuremberg trials; combat in the Vietnam War; the Dawson's Field hijackings; Watergate; the Iran Hostage Crisis; and the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy, civil rights pioneer Martin Luther King Jr., and Beatles musician John Lennon. He was also known for his extensive coverage of the U.S. space program, from Project Mercury to the Moon landings to the Space Shuttle. He was the only non-NASA recipient of an Ambassador of Exploration award.
Cronkite is known for his departing catchphrase, "And that's the way it is", followed by the date of the broadcast.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
let's go back to the original cause of all this confusion (no not China) but the crappy news media. Barring the fact that the mainstream media (IMO) has an agenda (including FB, Google, Twitter and YouTube, again IMO) it still goes back to the spread of bogus numbers by misc news agencies. Back in the day we had this guy named Walter Conkrite, he was a very liberal but also a very honorable guy. For years he was the gold standard of the news agencies in the US. This was back when the news was actually, the news, as an example, if Conkrite said blacks were marching in Selma and the cops set dogs on them and squirted them with fire hoses, you could bet your ass that blacks were marching in Selma Alabama, cops set dogs on them and squirted them with fire hoses. Conkrite always stated the news, everyone in America watched him, no one knew what his politics were, he just reported the news. Sometime around the early 70s the news was no longer reported, it was sensationalized for ratings, not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but it transformed itself into this orgy of misinformation, at first it was "get the story out first" (accuracy be damned) then, once people were watching they'd follow up the usually sketchy first announcements with some actual facts. Then it morphed into the ability to change peoples minds and to direct political power. As an example I lived through, in the election of 2000 you would have thought the entire state of Florida was unable to vote, endless videos of hanging chad followed by political commentary. The fact is ALL that controversy happened in the most liberal precinct, in the most liberal city, in the most liberal county, in the state of Florida.. that was it.
What was even sadder was the liberal supervisor of elections there, whose family had been in politics for years, the same lady that printed the ballots with a full explanation in all the county newspapers the week before, was totally thrown under the bus, her own political party blaming her for the entire ballot incident, while the political organization was suing in that county to allow votes to be counted, they were also suing in the mostly conservative panhandle to KEEP FROM counting votes.
none of you would know this by the news form the front lines but it's absolutely true.
Recently I noticed a news station talking about how this Floyd guy died from a cop, even though the coroner says he died of a Fentanyl overdoes, regardless of what side you are on (it really doesn't matter) it was the **** stirrers in the media that added gasoline to the flames instead of waiting for the facts to come out. The mainstream media is pure, unadulterated BS, I don't believe a single one of them, not even with the local affiliates. If they said the sky was blue, I'd have to go out and check.
I lay all of this confusion right on their doorstep where it belongs. This is why I don't vilify anyone if they DO want to wear a mask, or they DON"T, because I really don't know and neither does anyone else.
We need Walter Conkrite back again.

From WIKKI

Walter Leland Cronkite Jr. (November 4, 1916 – July 17, 2009) was an American broadcast journalist who served as anchorman for the CBS Evening News for 19 years (1962–1981). During the 1960s and 1970s, he was often cited as "the most trusted man in America" after being so named in an opinion poll.
Cronkite reported many events from 1937 to 1981, including bombings in World War II; the Nuremberg trials; combat in the Vietnam War; the Dawson's Field hijackings; Watergate; the Iran Hostage Crisis; and the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy, civil rights pioneer Martin Luther King Jr., and Beatles musician John Lennon. He was also known for his extensive coverage of the U.S. space program, from Project Mercury to the Moon landings to the Space Shuttle. He was the only non-NASA recipient of an Ambassador of Exploration award.
Cronkite is known for his departing catchphrase, "And that's the way it is", followed by the date of the broadcast.
Facts have no place in todays media, Its purely agenda driven.
Personally I think any news org or elected official that reports falsehoods should have to publicly correct the record when proven wrong or lose their broadcasting license/be removed from office.
That would clean things up in a hurry.

Grant 302

After seeing this it makes much more sense to me for sure. I still think herd immunity is going to be the ultimate solution though. If there's a vaccination, great, but there's a vaccination for the flu and people still get sick and lots of them still die.
I think its unavoidable. Here's a question for everyone to ponder....How many people do you personally know that have had Covid and actually got sick from it? Okay, now how many people do you personally know that had the Flu and got sick?
Which number is bigger? Covoid is 99% survivable....I'm not sure why we worry so much about it....

I think the real number is closer to ~98%

And by age, the mortality roughly doubles for every 10 years past say 40 years old. That bracket was under the 1% mortality rate. 50s were at about 1%, 60s over 2%, 70s around 5% and 80s were a whopping 11-12%.

Personally, I couldn’t be responsible for letting that many people die as a result of a ‘let’s see what happens’ Covid party.

And if there weren’t unknown chronic lingering issues to possibly contend with, I probably would lean more toward the herd immunity thinking. But there’s still a lot to learn about Covid that I can not support doing that.

I know quite a few who got sick. Actually more than I know of that got the flu in like the last 5 or maybe even 10 years. And I got the flu in ‘17. I know a couple with chronic covid issues. And a friend of a friend that died of it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I think the real number is closer to ~98%

And by age, the mortality roughly doubles for every 10 years past say 40 years old. That bracket was under the 1% mortality rate. 50s were at about 1%, 60s over 2%, 70s around 5% and 80s were a whopping 11-12%.

Personally, I couldn’t be responsible for letting that many people die as a result of a ‘let’s see what happens’ Covid party.

And if there weren’t unknown chronic lingering issues to possibly contend with, I probably would lean more toward the herd immunity thinking. But there’s still a lot to learn about Covid that I can not support doing that.

I know quite a few who got sick. Actually more than I know of that got the flu in like the last 5 or maybe even 10 years. And I got the flu in ‘17. I know a couple with chronic covid issues. And a friend of a friend that died of it.
I know of no one who got covoid but I know a helluva lotta people who got sick as sh!t from the flu....especially this last year, and that includes me. I was so sick I thought I was gonna die. Seriously.

Grant 302

These are old, and from before my county stopped reporting stats by age.

The case percentages followed the population percentages pretty well. So the highest percent death brackets over the small population/case percentage show how bad it is for the older folks.

I think this detail level was ditched because of the fear it might cause if people started understanding it.

297E0019-8470-47FC-9442-9A84DC933065.jpeg
20090B9A-3CBE-4706-9EDB-01783AA1CBC7.jpeg

Grant 302

I know of no one who got covoid but I know a helluva lotta people who got sick as sh!t from the flu....especially this last year, and that includes me. I was so sick I thought I was gonna die. Seriously.

I thought ‘it would be easier to die’ when I last had it.

I know a fair amount of New Yorkers and of course LA, being pretty close. I know that most people don’t have that perspective because of where they are or where they’re from. Most of my neighbors don’t know of a single case. But one is in biotech and had coworkers who were positive and sick. The first person I knew to get it was in Germany.

TMO Supporting Vendors