The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Flush + Fluid upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Orlando, FL
Getting ready to do a full flush to replace the stock Motorcraft DOT4 HP fluid with Motul RBF600 for an upcoming Track Day. Anyone have an estimate as to how much fluid (in Quarts) that would take? I was guessing that that 1/2qt per (Caliper + brake line) would be sufficient. Any advice would be appreciated.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Orlando, FL
Thanks Norm.
A buddy of mine and I were talking about how much fluid we think you‘d need to move out of the RR caliper to have flushed the line and the caliper,if you were using a catch bottle. Off the top of my head I thought it’d be about half a bottle. Any thoughts?

3 bottles of Motul is a starting point...you may have a little left over. I alway get an extra bottle for 'topping off' or doing a quick swap of the tank fluid between full flushes. Flush until it's clear and no bubbles on all 4 corners.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Norm and barspen are spot on , as 2 usually is enough , but always good to have 3 on hand. Pretty much the Gospel on a brake flush with all Stangs according to what a buddy ( Ford Engineer ) told me many years back.

TMO Supporting Vendors