The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Flush Mount 1/4 Window Vents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone purchased & installed the flush mount 1/4 window vents that are on the 2014 Cobra Jet.
They definitely look better than the units that sit on top of the stock window. Trying to get a handle on the difficulty factor.

I did it, a little scary to begin, but really not hard. You have to remove rear seats and pull inner trim, simple, you will have to trim the plastic some, not real fussy because you really can't see it when you are finisfed. Tape off around the window with 3 or 4 layers of blue tape. Go to harbor freight and buy a windshield saw, I borrowed my wife's, yeah I know I am a lucky man. Saw the goo holding the glass in, have someone you trust watch you as you will be watching where you are cutting and they can guide you so you don't rub the paint. Remove glass and clean up. My glass buddy installed the new inserts but instead of using the stuff they called out for he used a thick tape like material. Laid it in, it spaced the window out perfectly. Put the trim back in checking for clearance and you are good to go. Might take 4 hours just being careful. They look so much better than the other styles. PM me if you have anymore questions.

I think these look great. I'm not so sure how I feel about cutting away interior trim though. Picture is from the website. Not my car.

Video link below:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/2010-mustang-shr-flush-mount-quarter-vent-louver-pair-painted.html

C16-106228D43AE9-9339-000011A371527971_zps13412479.jpg

I just did mine on a couple weeks ago

I had them for along time debating to install myself or have someone do it

I went with a car window glass place that I found through a friend that did his

I removed the interior and trimmed the pieces myself

they removed the glass and put in the new louvers

love the look

20140823_095556_zpstcffhwdj.jpg

Jason said:
I'm thinking they would look even better painted the same black as the rear wing instead of body color.
There is a photo of an SBY Boss with the black louvers on Silverhorse Racing's site. I don't really care for the look. I think Got SVT's Boss looks perfect.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I like side quarter window louvers, once had a set, but removed them when I saw what SHR had to offer. If I do an appearance mod, this would be it, I too thing GOT SVT just nailed it. Really like that look!

Nice job GOT SVT,
2 HP

Maybe a stupid question, but how does do with water? If you get caught in the rain, or its raining a car show, etc?
I like the look, but don't want to have to worry about water issues either..

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
rpm3dinc said:
Maybe a stupid question, but how does do with water? If you get caught in the rain, or its raining a car show, etc?
I like the look, but don't want to have to worry about water issues either..

The SHR flush mount louvers replaces the rear quarter glass and they are the same thickness as the glass in the mounting area of the louver.

They install similar to the rear quarter glass install and are set in place and sealed the same as the glass windows they replace.

Dave
2HP

TMO Supporting Vendors