The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Flushing the cooling system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After draining the coolant and replacing the thermostat, gaskets and most of the hoses, I no longer have a leak. But after the initial filling of the holding tank, I am guessing that I will need to start the car to add the rest of the fluid. I want to make sure before I start the car that I am indeed doing the right thing.
1) Start car and watch holding tank drain
2) Continue to add fluid
3) When tank stays at proper level and engine is warm...stop.
4) Check for leaks
5) Close cap

Is it that simple??

Ok, makes sense. Just want to make sure there isn't a special step I am missing. Haven't drained and filled radiator in many many years.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel