The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Focus RS is Coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let us know how Drift mode works!

Re: focus rs coming

fuhrius said:
As I surmised earlier, I don't think the traditional Mustang audience is going to 'get' this car...which is another reason why it's great for Ford that they can have a 'one two' punch with hot hatches and the mustang. Scat Pack Challenger as a cross-shop? ATS coupe? Nismo? these aren't the cars that'll be shopped against the RS. Sti, yes. Golf R, Megane, etc...that's the consideration set. The Millennials may not be able to afford the car in droves but that's part of the point. It's aspirational to many...and that'll drive the brand and the sales of more-standard focus and fiesta models.
The Capri was a significant car for Ford, particularly in rally racing. Rally racing in Europe has higher spectatorship that Nascar does in the US.
They're trying to stitch together a heritage of Ford racing that many people have forgotten...and not only is rally / rallycross huge elsewhere, it's one of the fastest-growing segments in motorsports in the US. I think this RS is going to be a great little package and a worthy stablemate to my gt350. Now if we could just get some proper rallycross events going in my area of the country, all would be good.

I'm traditionally an original Mustang SVO fan so I get this car...actually I got this car. Picked one up yesterday.

y3mxa354aNLZUjjWbD5Jwu-Ixx8GdldW-v-cEpGr6qiYALg84eRmOvpmOZ3OxRPM7YJ1po_3pHVp1b9HprKyF4lHwU6kggN592osaJcdhpe7xkmOaqJcpflIT72EDlTrntvMrWioOimQEWeDnWQWH9KWESI7kjLN9Ft87HQut8875s

My son's friend did a photo shoot with the RS and some other fun hardware. the kid's got some talent...I think the car looks terrific.

http://imgur.com/a/DvaWb

I recommend looking into Moutune's stuff for your RS.
I've only done their intake and 91 octane tune (because CA). I'm making 384torque at the motor but have seen peak torque hit 413.6 with the addition of a few gallons of 100 octane (making an effective mix of ~93 octane). The tune really wakes the car up.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
fuhrius said:
I recommend looking into Moutune's stuff for your RS.
I've only done their intake and 91 octane tune (because CA). I'm making 384torque at the motor but have seen peak torque hit 413.6 with the addition of a few gallons of 100 octane (making an effective mix of ~93 octane). The tune really wakes the car up.
¨

is this the packages you have on your rs?

http://www.mountuneusa.com/COBB-Accessport-V3-ECU-Flasher-Ford-Focus-RS-B1-p/ap3-for-004b1.htm
COBB ACCESSPORT V3 ECU FLASHER - FORD FOCUS RS B1 PACKAGE

TMO Supporting Vendors