The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Focus RS is Coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's better than Ken Block in a new RS? Not much. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNxJsjfpYA4&feature=em-uploademail

I have an '01 focus that is due to be replaced. I'm taking a wait and see attitude as the price is just high enough to do that. I'll want to see in person before committing; that was not the case for the Boss.

That is about $3500 less than I predicted for the base car, but I expected the good wheels/tires on the base car, so I guess I really wasn't far off.

I think they'll sell the expected 2000-2500 without any problem. They sell plenty of Evo/Golf R/STi/S3 around here.

I might take a look in a few years when I need another AWD car.

VooDooBOSS said:
Looks like pricing has been leaked. This slipped and someone grabbed a screen shot. So $36,605 isn't bad for the base car but optioned up should exceed $40K easily. Ok who's going to be the first to buy one on BMO?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-focus-rs-pricing-and-options-accidentally-revealed-online/

16-focus-rs-us-pricing-leaked-focus-rs-base-price1.jpg

I'm officially 'on the list' at my local dealer. My current plan, after the GT350R arrives, is to hold onto the boss until the Focus RS shows up, and swap them. I'm closer to a 'wait and see' on the RS than I was on the Boss or 350R, but I've been really impressed with the Ford products I've test-driven or bought recently (I recently bought a '15 Edge Sport for the wife to replace her last-gen Edge and that really is a super package...and I picked up a '15 Fusion Energi that I'm enjoying quite a bit), and I've always wanted a proper pocket-rocket. I'm thinking nitrous blue, add the 19's and upgraded tires, forget the sunroof / leather / nav stuff...perhaps add a hydaulic hand-brake aftermarket and just have some kicks and giggles with the car. I wish we had a rally-cross scene here.

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
I've been playing around on the Ford.com build-your-own site a lot lately.

Imagine my surprise when the Focus RS option suddenly became available!

Focus...

...ST

...again

...just to imagine the...

best_animated_gifs_of_all_time_9991.gif
...AAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh...RS?!

I know it leaked a while back but it's nice to build to your own specs. Still nothing in the Accessories section, but everything else appears to be there for selection.

I have two builds:

Since it's an RS exclusive, Nitrous Blue; loaded up with the RS2 package and the Pilot Cup Sport 2 tire/wheel package, at $42,075

Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.26.04%20PM_zps367szy13.png
Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.39.12%20PM_zpsle2aunjt.png
Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.40.55%20PM_zpsikudh3bs.png
Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.36.13%20PM_zpsexchiovp.png
Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.28.51%20PM_zps6wegy2xq.png
Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.30.07%20PM_zpsy4fo1ccq.png

or

Frozen White; with the bare essentials being the Pilot Cup Sport 2 tire/wheel package, at $38,595.

Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.34.43%20PM_zpshg0gv5d0.png

Maybe even a stripper, at $36,605, knowing that aftermarket wheels & tires would be likely.

I'd really love a GT350R but circumstances don't allow that right now. The RS, on the other hand, is an attractive option. It has four doors and a little more room in back, which is becoming necessary even for our second car that sees little family use. The Boss is too tight when pressed into local family hauling (kids are getting big!), especially compared to the wife's Explorer Sport. Cashing out the equity in the Boss, by selling it, would hurt a little less (for now) with the RS as a replacement.

I've been on-the-money with my speculation on pricing. I've been building vehicles on Ford's site a lot over the past several years. ;) Developed a good feel for their pricing. I do wish they had come in at $38,500 with the RS2 package.

Ford suggesting that's it going to be a quick little devil.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1028764_2016-ford-focus-rs-0-62-mph-in-4-7-seconds-top-speed-of-165-mph

Everyone keeps slotting the Focus RS with the Golf R and the STi, but at those price levels, a bigger competitor will be the Audi S3. The S3 starts at $42K, with the summer tire/magnetic suspension package it is $43.5K. Standard leather. Basically a classy sedan version of the Golf R.

The S3 is listed at "only" 292HP, but it gets 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Thank the dual clutch auto for that. That is a HUGE factor at that price point - the automatic.

I think I read that the Focus RS production is expected to be 2-3000 units, and looking at the reality of the market, I have to say that is probably about right. I wouldn't be surprised if, due to expected relatively low residuals on the RS, the S3 is less expensive to lease than a leather-equipped Focus RS, and in this category a lot of people lease.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I don't know for certain, but my guess is that the RS will not be available for leasing.

I am somewhat surprised at your interest in the RS...because 'Ecosnooze'. ;) Heck, I'm surprised that it's got *me* interested too.

Grant 302 said:
I don't know for certain, but my guess is that the RS will not be available for leasing.

I am somewhat surprised at your interest in the RS...because 'Ecosnooze'. ;) Heck, I'm surprised that it's got *me* interested too.

I have no problem with the AWD/4 cylinder Rally Car concept, heck I've owned three: Mazda 323 GTX, Subaru WRX and Mazdaspeed6. There is simply no way I'd get one in a Mustang when the 5.0 or even the V6 is available.

No lease and no auto would severely limit the sales of any car.

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
Reality can be such a bummer, sometimes.

Rear legroom in the Focus hatch appears to be very similar to that of the Boss.

Still need to sell the Boss to pull out the equity in it. Just no fun little car to look forward to in exchange. Trying to make things happen so I can keep hopes up for the future.

Just no way around it: I'm a two-car guy in need of a CTS-V and a GT350 TP. :p

order banks are open.
I feel very strange about ordering a car when the prior car I've ordered hasn't even shown up. but that's what I've done.
my plan remains to keep the boss post-gt350r and sell it when the rs shows up.
ordered Nitrous Blue, RS2 package, upgraded wheels with Cup 2's, no moonroof.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel