The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Focus RS is Coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfergeek said:
Yup, the Golf R is on the short list for me too if the RS doesn't end up panning out. But the RS and Golf R with driving dynamics are in different classes it seems from everything I have seen.

I have looked at the Golf R and it does have a nice interior with more bells and whistles, but seems to be readily available and will continue to be available when my lease is up on my fusion in October if the RS doesn't pan out. At this point, I would say it's my 2nd choice to the RS to replace my fusion.

An interesting thing has apparently happened with the Golf R. Until around March, they were in short supply, and VW dealers were stiffing buyers for ADM, just like is happening with the Focus RS. Now, they are plentiful and you can get one easily for MSRP, at least here in Colorado. The rumor is that because of the TDI debacle, VW sales are down, so VW decided to build a lot more Golf Rs, so that dealers had a car they could sell easily. Maybe by October you'll be able to get one under MSRP.

I've ridden in both a DSG and a 6-speed manual version. Nice cars. Both had the electronic shocks, and the difference between street and track is very noticeable. They are way too quiet though, and they have the silly German thing where they pipe synthetic engine noise into the cockpit. That is just dumb. And yes, the sound tube on the Boss is just as dumb.

coboss said:
An interesting thing has apparently happened with the Golf R. Until around March, they were in short supply, and VW dealers were stiffing buyers for ADM, just like is happening with the Focus RS. Now, they are plentiful and you can get one easily for MSRP, at least here in Colorado. The rumor is that because of the TDI debacle, VW sales are down, so VW decided to build a lot more Golf Rs, so that dealers had a car they could sell easily. Maybe by October you'll be able to get one under MSRP.

I've ridden in both a DSG and a 6-speed manual version. Nice cars. Both had the electronic shocks, and the difference between street and track is very noticeable. They are way too quiet though, and they have the silly German thing where they pipe synthetic engine noise into the cockpit. That is just dumb. And yes, the sound tube on the Boss is just as dumb.

You can get them at MSRP here today too. Within 200 miles for under MSRP.

A local dealer I emailed started at $3K ADM and was down to MSRP within 3 emails.

I am sure they will be available in October if lease end comes and no RS. Or something else entirely.

Looking good. Let's see more photos of members new RS's. 8)

VoodooBOSS said:
Pick up a gently used Focus ST. I might be buying one from a coworker later this year.

we're looking at lightly-used (or highly-incentivized new) ST's for my son as he pushes off to college in a few months.

The early feedback I have on the RS is very, very good. It's a hoot to drive...very planted chassis that feels as if it's easily up to the task of a sugnificant boost in power...yet totally fun with the current power. Brakes are excellent, visibility is excellent.
Over irregular surfaces, on tight roads, or in less-than-ideal climate conditions, it would be a very hard for another car to keep pace...it's AG stablemate included.

I think it is tought to get over the well it's just a Focus mindset when it comes to this car and the pricetag. I have seen dealers on cars.com advertising them for like 60k and I'm in shock that someone would charge that much for a Focus even if it is an RS.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel