The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fog Light Cover Screens?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Has anyone come up with a good way to screen off the fog light cover openings? I'd like to keep them off for the summer, but don't like the idea of trying to clean up the bugs that are bound to make their way into the openings.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Yes, I was referring to the cover openings on the '13. Ideally I'd like to have finer material than the large grid material in the previous post. Regular window screw material would be best to keep out the smaller bugs that made a mess of my grill last week.

It appears that making something easy to pop in and out would take some engineering and injection molding. Way too expensive for the limited number of cars we are addressing.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
SeattleBoss said:
Yes, I was referring to the cover openings on the '13. Ideally I'd like to have finer material than the large grid material in the previous post. Regular window screw material would be best to keep out the smaller bugs that made a mess of my grill last week.

It appears that making something easy to pop in and out would take some engineering and injection molding. Way too expensive for the limited number of cars we are addressing.
window screen would defeat the purpose of pulling the foglight covers out....its not going to flow much air past it. Might as well just leave the foglight covers in if you are worried about bugs that much.

TMO Supporting Vendors