The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

fog light installation - daytime running lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Guys,
I'm about to import my 2013 Boss from the US into Canada. Unfortunately, I have to install fog lights as DRL's here. PT has been very helpful and suggested I get a Ford accessories kit (or maybe kit in link below?) and install. The problem is my local dealership in Canada has no concept of what I'm talking about when I asked about parts/installation so I don't feel too confident about this particular group doing the installation/wiring. Can anyone offer any insight into any issues (i.e. splicing required) and info on wiring harness/modules existing or required to add the fogs, especially as daytime runners? Would appreciate any guidance or suggestions.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/SP-3501/2012-2013-Mustang-Boss-Fog-Lights-Kit.html

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
bomberbailey said:
Hi Guys,
I'm about to import my 2013 Boss from the US into Canada. Unfortunately, I have to install fog lights as DRL's here. PT has been very helpful and suggested I get a Ford accessories kit (or maybe kit in link below?) and install. The problem is my local dealership in Canada has no concept of what I'm talking about when I asked about parts/installation so I don't feel too confident about this particular group doing the installation/wiring. Can anyone offer any insight into any issues (i.e. splicing required) and info on wiring harness/modules existing or required to add the fogs, especially as daytime runners? Would appreciate any guidance or suggestions.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/SP-3501/2012-2013-Mustang-Boss-Fog-Lights-Kit.html

I purchased a similar system from Late Model for our 2010 V6 Mustang. Very similar. All plug and play.

They do function as standard fog lamps. Headlights are on when the fogs are on.

Hopethis helps.

Thanks TMS,
I think the installation is simple enough but had heard that it might require a dealership or other authorized technician turning the DRLs on/off or other electronic modification to alter settings in the smart junction box/programming.... I'm not sure but may require the entry of a Cdn boss vin number to fool the device into emulating Cdn DRL settings so it becomes a case of not only wiring harnesses etc but programming changes. If my local Cdn dealer is unable to figure this out then I will have to find an alternative way to get this done so I can pass the Transport Canada safety inspection utilizing the lower valence fogs as DRL's.

TMO Supporting Vendors