The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Foiled Intake Tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Yes. I'm a shameless copy cat.
:p

foil1.png

foil2.png

Sesshomurai

It's easy to wrap. Have to cut it into strips though.It will still wrinkle some. No big deal.

I also got this idea from the factory guys and coated my entire stock intake including the cold air intake housing. Works well and looks trick! It's call "Reflect -A-Gold" and can be purchased from Design Engineering Inc. www.designengineering.com

Sesshomurai

I used this version.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=1838

Sesshomurai

Jimmy Pribble said:
And how much did you need?

I'm gonna get some and make a gold toof. ;D

I got one sheet (24x12") and had some left over, but dang if it ain't expensive.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Salvage any HP you can that might be lost due to engine bay temps affecting IATs. Not really gaining any HP, just not giving away as much.

We might only be talking about 1hp here as well. The 302Rs do it because they are running sealed, restricted engines and need any advantage they can get to eek out every last HP.

Tulsa, OK
ArizonaGT said:
Salvage any HP you can that might be lost due to engine bay temps affecting IATs. Not really gaining any HP, just not giving away as much.

We might only be talking about 1hp here as well. The 302Rs do it because they are running sealed, restricted engines and need any advantage they can get to eek out every last HP.

Thanks, good to know. Figured it was temp related.

DGRacing said:
I got one sheet (24x12") and had some left over, but dang if it ain't expensive.

Expensive is right. Well, in the tradition of my Lowe's intake cap, I will probably try a grassroots solution. Easter is coming soon, so I will just get a bunch of these little chocolate eggs, eat them up, save the foil...

Foil+chocolate+Easter+Eggs-gold.jpg

:eek:

^ hahahaha, if you need help eating all that chocolate, lmk

If you're running a certain group/class check with the rules. for example, i remember reading that SM doesn't allow heat-shields.

Darren----

I like the look it gives the car! If you want (don't have to) feel free to send enough for mine when you ship your Traxxas...LOL! If it's going to just sit around and not be used.

Job well done!

TMO Supporting Vendors