The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For all considering 305-wide tires w/ stock suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The Roundup Mr. Pemberton is referring to is the one at MPH in Hastings, Nebraska in October 2020. It's three great track days for all levels of driving skills and a great event. The other one, the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup is the car show and AutoX up in Steamboat in June, on Father's day weekend. I plan on being at both events.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Nice.

Whose tires did you go with, and in what size? Wheel offset? Spacer?
Finally 305 square on all four corners.
I'm trying to compare what you now have to my own setup to see what I might have to do to put 305's on mine. How much strut clearance do you have?
305xx-xx on S197.jpg

Norm

Last edited:

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Nice.

Whose tires did you go with, and in what size? Wheel offset? Spacer?

I'm trying to compare what you now have to my own setup to see what I might have to do to put 305's on mine. How much strut clearance do you have?
View attachment 11243

Norm

Tires are Michelin PS4s in 305/30/19. The fronts require a 25mm spacer which I purchased from OPMustang. The wheel studs are ARP and the open lugs are OPMustang. The rear wheels are 19x11 ET52 and the front wheels are 19x11 ET26 with -2.4 camber on MM plates. The rear bumpstops were cut off the rear wells for fitment and to avoid rubbing. I have approximately 5-8mm of clearance to the strut. With the 4” ducts at full lock, which is rare in my use, the fronts will rub.

The suspension is stock except for Steeda Boss springs.

To fix most of the minor issues (spacer, duct rub, etc.) I may invest in some MM JRi’s. Should allow for road manners to remain but give far greater adjustability.

https://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM-JRi-Shocks-Suspension-Kit-2005-2014-Mustang-P1474.aspx

Hope this helps

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Tires are Michelin PS4s in 305/30/19. The fronts require a 25mm spacer which I purchased from OPMustang. The wheel studs are ARP and the open lugs are OPMustang. The rear wheels are 19x11 ET52 and the front wheels are 19x11 ET26 with -2.4 camber on MM plates. The rear bumpstops were cut off the rear wells for fitment and to avoid rubbing. I have approximately 5-8mm of clearance to the strut. With the 4” ducts at full lock, which is rare in my use, the fronts will rub.

Hope this helps
It does (clearance is in the ballpark of what I expected), so thanks.

Merry Christmas.

Norm

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
I have the 18x10s in silver. They're fine and have had no problems with them. Their finish holds up well despite frequent coatings of track pad dust. However, I've only run them with Continental ExtremeContact Sports which are 320tw. I'm guessing they'd be ok with 200tw tires but do not know. I probably would not use them with slicks that would impart more g-forces on them.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
I have the 18x10s in silver. They're fine and have had no problems with them. Their finish holds up well despite frequent coatings of track pad dust. However, I've only run them with Continental ExtremeContact Sports which are 320tw. I'm guessing they'd be ok with 200tw tires but do not know. I probably would not use them with slicks that would impart more g-forces on them.

Hey Coz, How big a tire are you running on yours?

TMO Supporting Vendors