The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For all of you Boss owners who paid MSRP or less...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I buy trucks, lots of trucks! Last year when the Boss first came out I went to a local Ford dealer where I did business, made a cash offer at msrp, was told no way. A few months later we needed a new truck so I went to that dealer looking and was greeted with the "we want your business" crap. Went to another dealer that sold Boss's at msrp, they just didn't have one at the time, but we got the truck there, have moved our business to this dealer. I got my Boss by using the Ford site and doing inventory searches, would call dealers, found the car in Colorado (have property there) at $2000 back of sticker and saved another $1200 on sales tax. Trailered it back to Arizona with the new truck we got. Since then the first dealer calls me wanting my business back, no way. No matter what you paid for your Boss, if you are happy it's good. Me, take my time, look around, find what I want at the price I am willing to pay, go away happy.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Great story snowboss. Pretty short sighted of them. Did you happen to mention the sales guy that they were dealing with a repeat Ford truck buyer from *that dealer* when trying to negotiate your Boss deal? After getting the 'no way' did you bring it to the attention of the sales manager? I only ask because the day might come down the road when you want a Shelby or a possible 'Mach 1' limited edition Mustang, and they get an allocation. Perhaps you can leverage some future deal by offering them a chance to win your business back?

I was able to get 6.2% off my 2013 SBY. I was searching for along time for any dealer to work with me anywhere and long behold I totally forgot that my family is friends with the owners of our local Lincoln dealer and they happened to own a Ford dealer in Mississippi and they still had a CO 2012 on the Floor. You'd think since I also run a auto leasing company I would have somehwere to buy Fords at a discount but it is nearly impossiboble to get anyone to deal with me in this day and age. So I was able to order one through them and I was able to get to my X-plan pricing. But on the day it arrived i was told that my xplan was no good but they would still honor the deal since they want to do future Buisness with me and my auto leasing company. So all and all I did alright in the end.

Ordered my GB Boss from Peoria Ford here in Phoenix (well, Peoria, lol) at msrp. Bell Ford in Phoenix wants a 15k adm.

My 2012 YB $39,300 With all options, cover and owners kit.

It was already titled so call it used but only had 650 miles on it.

But definitely don't pay ADM send them a message. Wait and they will be glad to sell at MSRP or lower after they floor plan it about 8 months.

I bought #2 when there were ONLY 6 Bosses in the wild. I paid MSRP, got free Track Key software and install, plus free 5 oil changes over the next 12 months. I didn't pay ADM for my 2007 Shelby, and those of you that remember that period that was hard to do as well, and I wasn't going to pay ADM for this.

My advice is to ALWAYS shop on the last 5 days of the month. Dealers trying to make their numbers are more inclined to deal.

Good luck!

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Took Delivery 5/12/12 - 2012 Perf White - Recaro/Cover/Matts $2,100 below MSRP. Used Ford's Site to search inventory http://www.yourtristateforddealers.com/Inventory

Live in NY - Found car in NJ - Negotiated over the phone. The first couple of sales people did not have a clue how the car buying process works these days, that all the information is now available on the web ie invoice price/dealer holdbacks etc.... Finally spoke with a manager - made firm offer and stated I would take delivery immediately - deal got done. Take your time, do your research - be ready to buy and take delivery immediately - not browsing. Every day the car is on the Lot - it is costing the dealer money.

Of course there is a little variable known as supply and high demand which could nullify everything I just stated. The Car is a Beast. Good Luck!!!

Supply and Demand while true on the BOSS cars, is used by dealers in the wrong light I think...

Take a look at Apple Products, they are the highest demanded Tech-products in the world, yet any one of us can go to Apple, Best Buy and in most cases Walmart and Target and get the brand new iPad for the same price that we can anywhere else. Granted its not a "Car". But if anything it shows that supply and demand is a null-invoid statement.

You can also say the demand for the 2012 BOSS was way greater than the 2013, and there are still over 600 2012 BOSS Mustangs out there that have not even sold yet. Mostly in part due to Mark-Ups. I would venture to to make the assumption that if the dealers removed those Mark-Ups that they could easily sell those remaining 2012 BOSS cars, especially with the 2013's hitting the lots now.

All that being said, I think I have finally found a dealer that is going to work with me on getting my own Race Red BOSS (2013). The car should be in the next week or so, so we will see...

I am asking for $500 below MSRP (mainly to offset trailering it home and the price of the TrackKey), I will put down 40% of MSRP as downpayment ($20K).

If for some reason they still say "No", then I guess I will just wait more until they are smart enough to see that selling a car "NOW" is better than selling a car later for a possible profit (even though with MSRP they are making $4K already).

I got my 2013 SBY for 795 under MSRP. While I was waiting for it to come in, I contacted some other dealers that had the same model on their floor. I thought maybe I could get it quicker and at a comparable price. Total waste of time! Everyone I talked to flat out refused to believe that I had a standing offer of 795 under MSRP. One wanted 2K over after calling me in promising and promising a good deal; I had to drive an hour and wait another hour for this "great offer". Another got mad that I wouldn't take MSRP as his final offer and said "good luck and I hope it works out because the next time we talk the car will be $10,000 over sticker". Sure enough, that's what it's listed for on their website. Why do salespeople take this so personally? ;D

I found my 2013 SBY sitting at the dealer by accident. Was driving past the dealership about a week ago and saw something shiny and yellow in the showroom and called and found out it was this car. I hardly ever drive past that dealership as its not on my route home, but the road I normally travel was closed due to a T/A. The dealer told me they received it only two weeks prior. The next day, I went back and spoke to a salesman...went back and forth a few times. They ended up knocking off the 5k over msrp "fair market value" mark up on it. At the end of the day I ended up paying $300 under msrp.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I paid 44k out the door for my boss. they wanted 10adm when I first walked in there. I took the deal as my silver mustang for trade in wasnt going to make a long road trip where a better deal was lol. So I think I made out.

The sales manager at Bell Ford in Phoenix called me two days ago and left a message asking if I was still in the market for a GB Boss because they just got one in. Keep in mind from my earlier post, they wanted a 15k adm for a GHIG one already on the floor. I called him back and the first thing I asked was if there was still an adm on it, he stuttered and said "well, I think we can work with you......we'll only ask for 5k over. I laughed and informed him that I had indeed already secured one at another local dealer for msrp......he said "Oh yeah, then I would just stick with that deal because that's nearly impossible to do for one of these. Do you have a friend or family member there or something?" I told him no and that that's just how that dealer is working, msrp right off the bat without fighting over it. He then tells me that I am more than welcome to come in anyway just to see how my "future car will look".....fair enough.

I go to the dealership the next day and look at it.....beautiful and so glad I waited for GB......I made sure to take the written deal from the other dealer with me to maybe intice them. I told the salesman I had the deal with me and if it can be matched, I'll drive it outta here today. Salesman takes it from me and shows one of the sales managers......the manager comes over with a big smile, shakes my hand and says "Sir, I do believe we can meet, or maybe even beat this deal for you today....have a seat while we look at your truck (Raptor) and we'll get things moving so you can drive that Boss home." NICE, score! Well after a while the manger comes back over and says "Uhhhh, I looked into Peoria's inventory and they don't show this car even being en route to them" I explained to him that it was getting ready to be built and passed on the info I received from jmbboss on here....so no, it's not on the way yet, but will be very soon. He said if he had more info, he could look it up, so I offered the vin number to him....."How did you get that?" he asked, I told him one, I got it off of a member here and two, the dealer gave it to me last week. He again goes away and then comes back saying "Yeeaah, I've seen this happen at some places....this car is actually just a GT, not a Boss".......Oh really? I told him that it is in fact a Boss because I've seen the window sticker for it and if he would look at that piece of paper a bit closer, he would see that he's holding the order form for it which has all the options and whatnot listed. Try again. "Well I'm betting it's not"......OK, would you like to see me put the vin in here on my phone and show you the window sticker?" "Sure"..........BAM, done, read it and weap. So now he's looking around for one last breath excuse and says "Well then it's obvious what will happen, they've reeled you in with the hopes of selling it to you at msrp but, when it shows up, they're gonna ask for , probably around $10k over......these cars just don't go for msrp". I reminded him that he is infact holding the deal in writing and he also said he could meet, possibly beat, that very deal......"It's obvious that you're wasting my time now. If you've gotten somone in your ear telling you to back off, then just tell me you're not gonna be able to make this deal and I'll be on my way. It doesn't matter to me because I'm getting this car anyway and at a fair deal, from some place else". First thing out of his mouth, "The car is 5k over, nothing less" I then took my written deal from his hand reached for my truck keys and just walked away.....again.

Can a dealer really, really be this dumb? A sure fire sale and they let it go just because they refuse to believe that other places, much less one that is only 8 miles away, are not being greedy a-holes and selling the car at msrp or lower? Now they have 3 bosses on the floor and in the meantime, 2 other local dealers who sell at msrp have moved 2 of theirs. Not to mention telling a customer that they can infact meet a deal and then 15min. later, say they can't. I think it goes without saying that they will never get a cent from me anytime in the future as well. So beware of Bell Ford in Phoenix.......go to Peoria Ford or Sanderson Ford.

302BOB said:
To make a long story short, you're getting your Boss from the dealer & NOT the stealer.

Pretttty much, lol. I didn't realize they were running a museum, could've sworn the point of their existence was to actually move the cars out of there. :D

dgc76

Life is good
Ordered mine in late January at MSRP and have the signed sales order. The dealer has been good to this point in keeping me updated. It was built 5/21, but is still sitting at Ramp 51.

I initially tried to order thru the dealer where I purchased my 09 Shelby, but they wanted $5,000 over. When I bought the Shelby in March of 09, they had a $5,000 ADM on the window, but it had been sitting in their showroom for 6 months. I got the Shelby $1,000 under MSRP because I had the cash ready to hand over.

The dealer where I actually ordered the GB 13, had a RR 12 with no options on which they had several deals fall thru. They wound up selling it under MSRP to a local guy. Maybe that is why they were so eager to order my 13 at MSRP, with a $2,000 up-front deposit.

I had decided before I started looking that I would not pay an ADM. I simply asked them if they would take MSRP and they said yes without even blinking. They will have their money from me well before they have to pay Ford on their floorplan. Smart way to do business, and I will probably go back to them on future car purchases for me and my business. However many Dealers only see selling the car at hand, not on creating repeat customers. I have bought a ton of Fords over the last 16 years. One dealer could have made a lot of $ if they had treated me well so that I come back to do business with them again.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I love hearing these stories. I should get some manufacturer to produce plastic license plate holders that read "Friends don't let Friends pay Dealer Markups!" and donate any profits to charity. ;D

Bought #704 for MSRP. Ordered Jan 2011, delivered June 2011. Pissed I did not get him the throw in Trackey for that price! Paid that stupid $302!

Got my 2013 Performance White Boss for $1300 under MSRP. Initially just $1000 under MSRP but they drilled holes in the front bumper for the plate so they took off an additional $300. I was almost gonna buy from another dealer at MSRP but this was one was willing to deal. They were really pleasant. Tuttle Click Ford in San Juan Capistrano, CA. If anyone is looking for one in CA let me know and I can forward you their info. The original dealer I was gonna buy from still has their Boss sitting on the showroom floor. They also have a black LS for 10K ADM. Ugh.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel