The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For all of you Boss owners who paid MSRP or less...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Good for you! Keep up the good work! Friends don't let friends pay ADMs!! ;D

Rather than post a link that might be dead in a week or 2, if you care, login to autofairford dot com and check out their 2013 Mustang stock. Hey look, a SBY and GB Boss Mustangs yours for the taking for only $10,000.00 over MSRP!!! Quick! What are you waiting for?!?! ::)

This is the crap I went through last year when shopping for a '12 Boss here in New England, and was told they were either already sold, or they wanted a hefty mark up. I'll never forget the guy who smugly told me their last Shelby sold 'with a markup' like, of course such a magnificent automobile, of the finest pedigree was worthy of such a modest and well deserved premium for the discriminating purchaser... This was at another stealership, but you get the idea.

Hey, it's capitalism, go ahead and ask for whatever you can get, I just won't be buying. I'm almost tempted to go into the dealership with my son holding the vid cam, filming me walking up to either car, looking at the window sticker, putting on my reading glasses, peering closely at the price, taking them off to quickly clean them, re-examining the price, and then burst out laughing, so much so that I lose my breath and double over in pain from lack of oxygen... Continue laughing loudly while pointing at the sticker (here is where Junior needs to quickly run over and get a shot of the ADM) until they kick me out and tell me never to come back. That Youtube vid would go viral to 10k hits easy.... bwhwhahahahaaaa

Do I dare? Am I really that juvenile? Hmmmm......

lol

and in the mean time my dealer called. told me my front splitter arrived and they want to ship it to me. since the box fills up a f150 bed.

steve

I am getting the same thing here Ace... Every dealer but 1 says these cars are worth more than MSRP... REALLY? I know what the Dealer INVOICE is, and I know what MSRP is... There is a $3,500 "Profit" just at MSRP for the dealer... They need more? I don't care what dealer it is, if they can't make a living selling cars with the "Built In Profit" that Ford places on the cars, then perhaps they should rethink their business. I have told all the dealers I have talked to, I will pay MSRP, but not a penny more... I have a 20K down-payment, but it seems nobody likes money anymore...

I can walk into any Chevy Dealer in the area and purchase a 2013 Vette for Sticker right now, but I can't get a BOSS for sticker?

There is one dealer that has a GHIG that is asking $5K over, he told me it would be sold before it hit the showroom floor... I said he was delusional. Well, 3 weeks later and he still has it, now its $3K over, and still sitting there...

I know another dealer who had a $5K markup on a 12 BOSS, he is still asking $49K for it, while his 13 BOSS is listed at sticker... WHAT? are you kidding me?

The economy is tight, and people wanting these cars that have the money and are willing to buy TODAY, can't because the dealer thinks MSRP is not enough money... Ford should FINE these dealers $1,000 a day for any "BOSS" that is not sold when there are serious buyers out there willing to pay MSRP.

Same thing happens with the Shelby's too... A dealer not to far from here still has a 2010 Shelby that he put a $8K ADM on, and he still has not sold it... my friend offered him 1K below MSRP (which is more than fair for a 3 year old car now), and he said NO... LOL

So basically the Dealers are saying "Walmart sells Brand X TV for $300, but All the other WalMarts in the Area say its worth $500 for the same TV". WHY? and who is going to pay $500 for something they know is only worth $300 according to the manufacturer?

Vehicles is about the only time you see a ADM anymore... Heck look at APPLE, they say iPads are worth $X. You don't see other Apple stores selling them for more money... they all cost the same, wither I buy at Best Buy, Apple or Walmart... it will cost me the SAME...

This is driving more people to other "Brands" not building brand loyalty...

Wise up, sell the car for sticker and be happy... Build loyalty, not make a killing screwing over customers on their purchase.

I will pay MSRP for a RR BOSS or less, that is all, and trust me, I will own a 2013 BOSS 302... I can wait 3 months, or a year, however long it takes, but I will own one... Question is, who gets my business and my future business.

rpm3dinc said:
I am getting the same thing here Ace... Every dealer but 1 says these cars are worth more than MSRP... REALLY? I know what the Dealer INVOICE is, and I know what MSRP is... There is a $3,500 "Profit" just at MSRP for the dealer... They need more? I don't care what dealer it is, if they can't make a living selling cars with the "Built In Profit" that Ford places on the cars, then perhaps they should rethink their business. I have told all the dealers I have talked to, I will pay MSRP, but not a penny more... I have a 20K down-payment, but it seems nobody likes money anymore...

I can walk into any Chevy Dealer in the area and purchase a 2013 Vette for Sticker right now, but I can't get a BOSS for sticker?

There is one dealer that has a GHIG that is asking $5K over, he told me it would be sold before it hit the showroom floor... I said he was delusional. Well, 3 weeks later and he still has it, now its $3K over, and still sitting there...

I know another dealer who had a $5K markup on a 12 BOSS, he is still asking $49K for it, while his 13 BOSS is listed at sticker... WHAT? are you kidding me?

The economy is tight, and people wanting these cars that have the money and are willing to buy TODAY, can't because the dealer thinks MSRP is not enough money... Ford should FINE these dealers $1,000 a day for any "BOSS" that is not sold when there are serious buyers out there willing to pay MSRP.

Same thing happens with the Shelby's too... A dealer not to far from here still has a 2010 Shelby that he put a $8K ADM on, and he still has not sold it... my friend offered him 1K below MSRP (which is more than fair for a 3 year old car now), and he said NO... LOL

So basically the Dealers are saying "Walmart sells Brand X TV for $300, but All the other WalMarts in the Area say its worth $500 for the same TV". WHY? and who is going to pay $500 for something they know is only worth $300 according to the manufacturer?

Vehicles is about the only time you see a ADM anymore... Heck look at APPLE, they say iPads are worth $X. You don't see other Apple stores selling them for more money... they all cost the same, wither I buy at Best Buy, Apple or Walmart... it will cost me the SAME...

This is driving more people to other "Brands" not building brand loyalty...

Wise up, sell the car for sticker and be happy... Build loyalty, not make a killing screwing over customers on their purchase.

I will pay MSRP for a RR BOSS or less, that is all, and trust me, I will own a 2013 BOSS 302... I can wait 3 months, or a year, however long it takes, but I will own one... Question is, who gets my business and my future business.

I have a GHIG Boss for MSRP in San Antonio. I am placing an order for a Boss to be built in July on Monday. It will be sold for MSRP also. It can be any color you want if a deposit is placed on it before I order it. If a dealer in your area will accept delivery it can even be dropped shipped to you. I can arrange financing or you can arrange your own upon delivery. The dealership I work at sold 9 Bosses last year and the one ordered Monday will be number 5 for 2013. If interested call me 210.945.9172 and I will have a salesperson call you back.

There are plenty of dealers who will be fair on pricing, ignore the ones who aren't and trust someone to actually sell you a Boss.

By the way, I can't sell you a GT500 because I am selling for MSRP and have 7 deposits for the year already which is my entire allocation. Fair does payoff for both the dealer and the consumer.

Thanks! Its good to know there are at least some dealers out there wanting business over profit! I am in NC, so DropShipping a car here would be almost as much as some markups I am afraid... But I will send some of my TX friends your way for sure!

My dealer sold both 2 Bosses they could get at MSRP, one of them being mine. They do the same with any GT-500 they can get an allocation for and they sell any other Ford vehicle at X-Plan price or less to anyone.

The guy who sold my Boss to me told me they are a volume dealership and for them it doesn't even matter what kind of car they sell because he gets rewarded the same for every vehicle he sells, whether it's a Fiesta or a GT-500. This way he sells people the vehicle they really want instead of the vehicle on which he makes the highest commission. Very nice no-bs policy both towards the customer and the employees of the dealership.

ace72ace said:
Your splitter came in before the LS?

Yes. Seems that way
I got the email today to call them. Told me
My splitters in a box. Arrived today there
There shipping it out asap to me

Also. I highly recomend any one looking
For a boss to call two rivers ford in nashville

Not only do they sell u the car right and at msrp
But there very good people to deal with

I could not find a single dealer willing to sell me a
Ls in texas or in the southwest states for
That matter and i paid cash
For mine. I guess thy prolly make more
On a finance sale tho

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Yeah I know, but the short sentence & paragraphs made me think. Need someone clever to come up with a no ADM Boss haiku.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
ace72ace said:
Did you pay MSRP for your '12 last year?

$1500 over MSRP including side window louvers which I promptly removed and put in the cabinet.

I was and am happy with the deal.

If you see a Boss listed for MSRP in SoCal, the vehicle is NOT IN STOCK.

As soon as they hit the dealer, here comes the ADM.

four-walling said:
ace72ace said:
Did you pay MSRP for your '12 last year?

$1500 over MSRP including side window louvers which I promptly removed and put in the cabinet.

I was and am happy with the deal.

If you see a Boss listed for MSRP in SoCal, the vehicle is NOT IN STOCK.

As soon as they hit the dealer, here comes the ADM.
I paid MSRP for my GHIG Boss @ Mossy in P.B. I talked to the internet manager when it showed up on their inventory and told them I wanted the car but would not go any higher that MSRP. They honored it and I took delivery May 1st.

Might have found a dealer that will take MSRP, just waiting for the car to arrive (should only be a week or so). 2 hours away, but I gota go with where I can find the deal at this point.

I will still negotiate, no hurt in it... worst they can say is no...

Hang in there. I bought my 2013 off the lot at msrp and even negotiated half off the BS delivery fee. Show up with cash in hand. The economy sucks. A sale is a sale and despite the sticker if you're ready to buy things may work out. Good luck.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel