The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For Sale: Bolt on jack plates for your 2010 - 2014 Mustang, Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FS: Bolt on jack plates. Fit 2010 thru 2014 Mustang. Simple installation, can be done on jack stands. No welding required. Two 5/16" holes need to be drilled thru pinch weld to attach the each plate. Fits on pinch weld and is supported by rocker panel. Allows you to jack in one location from the side and pick up both front and rear wheels at the same time and not damage pinch weld. Jack plate sticks down past the lower trim about 1/4" to 3/8". Can be purchased in bare metal or powder coated black or red. Comes with grade 8 bolts and locknuts along with installation instructions.

Now for the bad part, I have had to raise the price (due to my cost increasing) to $120 shipped for bare metal and $135 shipped for powder coated. I currently have bare metal available. If you want the powder coated version you will need to let me know (via PM) what color you want as I will have them coated in the color you choose on a per order basis. I have 10 sets available at this time.

For more info see this thread. https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7922.0

SKXWpxZ.jpg

0EOcpA1.jpg

De7LjCz.jpg

8sBD4Yl.jpg

Last edited:

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
PM sent

BTW, Mike's design and craftsmanship can be truly recommended.

I wish you had made these a couple of years ago before I purchased and had welded in a set of Kenny Brown jacking rails. These are much more affordable too. ;)

acole3 said:
Last I checked the jacking rails were only $79 and they also stiffen the body.

The rails are also only a square tube. The only labor that went into them is probably to cut them in the length needed. So you're mostly paying for material on the rails, and craftsmanship/labor on these plates.

I'd like to order one soon, but I've spent twice my budget on the car for the past 2 months! So, I'm going to continue using my 2x8 until then.

GA
So edumucate me on using these. Is it safe to the frame to just jack the car in the middle like that using these? Ford references specific jacking points in the user manual. I might want to get enough to place 3 on each side so I can jack it from the center and then stick jack stands under either end.

I believe it is safe and so do many others. Have never heard of any being damaged. You are jacking on what could be called the frame of the vehicle. You are jacking on the pinch weld and the bottom portion of each side of the rocker panel. The jack plate is 6" long and sits tight to the rocker panel. Once you jack up the vehicle, you would then put a jack stand under the pinch welds, front and rear, where the cutout is for the factory jack location. I jack up one side, install jack stands front and rear, then jack up the other side and install jack stands front and rear and the whole car is lifted making it easy to work on it when at the track.

GA
06mach1 said:
I believe it is safe and so do many others. Have never heard of any being damaged. You are jacking on what could be called the frame of the vehicle. You are jacking on the pinch weld and the bottom portion of each side of the rocker panel. The jack plate is 6" long and sits tight to the rocker panel. Once you jack up the vehicle, you would then put a jack stand under the pinch welds, front and rear, where the cutout is for the factory jack location. I jack up one side, install jack stands front and rear, then jack up the other side and install jack stands front and rear and the whole car is lifted making it easy to work on it when at the track.

OK, thanks. So do you think it would be worthwhile or overkill to put one in the middle and one on either end of the pinch weld? Or should I just use one in the middle and then use jack stands on the jacking points? I don't mind spending a little extra to make it easier. Any possibility of jack stands slipping on those?

PJWANNABE said:
OK, thanks. So do you think it would be worthwhile or overkill to put one in the middle and one on either end of the pinch weld? Or should I just use one in the middle and then use jack stands on the jacking points? I don't mind spending a little extra to make it easier. Any possibility of jack stands slipping on those?

I would just install the jack plates in the center and use the cutouts (front and rear) in the pinch weld for the jack stands. You can purchase pads for most jack stands if you are worried about marring the factory jack point cutout in the pinch welds. You can also put the front jack stands under the rear portion of the engine cradle.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
WorldFamousZ said:
any idea if these will clear the underside of Roush side skirts?

I can let you know after I get mine in. My opinion is that it should clear in use, but might need a little trimming/notching of the roush splittler to install.

Grant 302

WorldFamousZ said:
any idea if these will clear the underside of Roush side skirts?

It *can* fit without trimming, but I wouldn't recommend it. I cut about a 3/8" strip out of the side splitter.

Jackplate side view with roush splitter to show clearance:
14974272987_4f5fbffcd9.jpg
15160854295_535372a534.jpg
14974189340_4fc3a099e2.jpg

Grant 302

They fit great! Perfect for how low my car sits when on 25.6" tall tires.

Thanks again for making another product that I already wanted and needed. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors