The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For those that have driven on Thunder hill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's pretty cool and not a bad lap time considering there's no driver! I'm also happy to report that I'm much faster than Shelley in my Boss. ;D

stanford-audi-tts-autonomous-car-race-car-drivers-thunderhill-raceway-2.jpg

What do you usually run there? I think I ran in the 2:12 range going over the top, as I was pulling pretty good on my friend who had a timer and was running 2:16 in his GT3RS.

Nice. I have seen other Bosses there while running the E30 but always forget to ask about times. The GT3RS guy has taken a few classes since last time, so I'm sure he is going to blow by me next time. I've found that in all 3 cars I have run there, I ended up being within a few seconds despite being very different types of cars. The Evo my best was high teens, E30 is like 2:15, Boss is 2:12ish best guess. I was actually faster in the E30 at Sears than the Boss, I think I was worried about balling up the car.

I hear you about Sonoma. I don't push it going into the carousel as I know many cars have crashed there on HPDE days. I feel a lot better pushing it at TH where you have plenty of run off room. BTW when I was there a couple of weeks ago a guy driving a 458 Challenge car said he was putting down 1:55 lap times and was hitting 145 on the straight. He was flying.

THill? That is flying. I let one of my friends take my Evo out for a couple laps at Sears one time and his times made me look like I was in a push cart. He keeps asking me to take the Boss out, but I keep telling him to wait until I have the ducts installed and figure out the shifter issue. When he does, I'll time it so we have a goal to shoot for. He has several records at THill and Sears. I would guess under 2:00 in stock configuration, as he is almost 10 seconds faster than me in an E30.

Nice to see a Ferrari that is being driven hard. Most of the people I know with them just let them sit. If I had the money, I'd own one ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors