The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For those who routinely tracked on an "autocross tire" (i.e., RE71R), how many events did they last?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I have routinely run RS4. i have some RE71R that I bought for autocross, but potential circumstances mean I may not be autocrossing a Mustang next year anyway and I'm not keen on keeping the tires for a year to maybe run them the next year....

So my only RE71R experience on track was 1-2 events after like 100 autocross runs to finish killing them.

I routinely get 8-10 events (4-7 sessions per event) out of my RS4 on my s197 with -2.5 degrees of camber. They're usually heat cycled away by then.

So, would 4 events be a reasonable expectation from a set of RE71R? more? less?

I ran some re71's to the cords on my '11 GT and I think it worked out to about 1200 track miles. I probably ran another 1000 or so going to and from tracks. I swapped them on the rims to get a little more out of them. Good luck.

TMO Supporting Vendors