The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For Those With Overheating Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My plan is build an enclosure for the grille to radiator which I believe is the biggest problem causing overheating besides the factory restrictive grille. First I was able to block off the large hole where the hood latch goes. This is not for everyone but it will help.

air4_zpsdecf4166.png

Second and maybe the biggest area of concern is up top on the inside of the headlights. These are giant holes for air to find a way around the radiator. This is where I plan to add some panels to stop the loss of air, for now I filled the area with foam, the type used below the radiator from the factory.

air1_zps0387eab7.png
air2_zpsa2977f5c.png

Next the plastic parts used on factory cars help but are very flimsy, these will be removed soon. Until then I got the idea to use some very small tie straps to hold them in place better. This is not a long term fix but better then nothing. Along with the open area up top there are plenty of areas here that will let the air escape.

air3_zpsaa1ebad1.png
air_zpsfb811c25.png

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
This should give you some inspiration...

324714_4642535514247_2094478888_o.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors