The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford and Nair Part Ways Following Internal Investigation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is bad news for sure. He seemed like a good guy and big supporter of Ford Performance and their racing efforts.

Raj Nair leaves Ford over 'inappropriate behavior'

DETROIT -- Raj Nair, president of Ford Motor Co. in North America, has left the automaker after he was accused of "inappropriate behavior," Ford said Wednesday.

Ford, in a statement, said an internal investigation found that "certain behavior by Nair was inconsistent with the company's code of conduct." It did not divulge the nature of the complaint, which a spokesman said was submitted anonymously through a 24-hour company hotline. Ford said it had not previously received any such allegations against Nair.

Nair had been placed on leave during the investigation, which was conducted within the past few weeks and involved a small number of incidents, Ford said. His departure is effective immediately, and a spokesman said his successor will be named within days.

CEO Jim Hackett said Ford "made this decision after a thorough review and careful consideration. Ford is deeply committed to providing and nurturing a safe and respectful culture and we expect our leaders to fully uphold these values."

In the statement, Nair, 53, said, "I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviors consistent with the principles that the Company and I have always espoused. I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future."

Reached by phone at his home earlier Wednesday afternoon, Nair declined to comment to Automotive News when asked about his employment status with Ford.

“While we believe the company has a deep enough management bench to replace Mr. Nair with little disruption,” Levy wrote, “the new leader will face the challenges of an industry that will see rapid change in the medium- and long-term, while sales volume contracts in the U.S. in 2018.”

Before being named to his latest position in May 2017, Nair was Ford's head of product development and chief technical officer. He oversaw the launch of the 2016 GT supercar, aluminum-bodied F-150 and 50th-anniversary Mustang, among a plethora of other vehicles. Less than two weeks ago, Nair took delivery of the first GT produced for the 2018 model year.

Nair's tenure as product boss wasn't without controversy. The automaker twice had to lower mileage claims for its C-Max crossover and reimburse owners when the vehicle didn't achieve the rating originally advertised.

Nair started at Ford in 1987 as a body and assembly operations launch engineer and held various positions on more than 11 vehicle programs in 13 assembly plants, according to Ford's media website. He also worked on assignments in Europe, South America and Asia Pacific.

Days before Jim Hackett was named CEO, Ford last year awarded Nair a $5 million retention bonus that would vest in May of 2020.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...d-raj-nair-leaves-over-inappropriate-behavior

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
WOW was all I could say when I first heard about this. If he truly acted inappropriately, then fair enough--but either way this will be a significant loss for Ford.

Inappropriate behavior can be defined in many ways.What was OK 30/40 yrs ago is not OK now.Some are learning that difference the hard way these days, including Mr. Nair. Be careful if you wink at someone these days, you may wake up with a law suit looking at you. In no way am I condoning bad behavior! We should all know the line between good and bad and not cross it....there are consequences to pay if you do.........

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
We should all know the line between good and bad and not cross it....there are consequences to pay if you do.........
The problem sometimes comes because somebody else moved the line and you're simply guilty. Not even guilty until proven innocent any more.

Not that Mr. Steelcase is likely to mind losing a performance guy when there's plenty of SUVs, crossovers, trucks, and "mobility" to go around.

Norm

He looked so happy because he had no clue that the shoe was about to fall and clobber him. This could have been handled in a Totally different way! May the Bxxxh that started this sht sleep well at night.Am sure she will for what she is!!!!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I dunno, seems most assume that's what it likely is, and they're likely right, but here's another angle. That "24 hour hotline" thing could just be a throwaway. He's a guy that digs performance and clearly, the new guy is not. Perhaps a heated discussion became a bit more than that? We'll probably never know and sadly, it's probably not good for the performance oriented stuff at Ford.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel