The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Competition Pulse Ring or CPR Explained

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I always wondered exactly what was different from the original. Says it's good for power up to 8,000 RPM's. Ok who's revving theirs that high?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sVZcmaFTI3Y

Not I Rick, I only wish the engine could take those kind of rpms for 25 minutes sessions. I wonder if this would stop the engine misfire codes. Anything over 7k results frequent in engine misfire codes on my 2013. My 12 never had these issues.

Two things that are wrong but similar. The P300X are random misfire codes typically from high RPM's but can be from the cam sensors. Since installing my CPR I have not had one single random misfire code. The other codes that cause limp mode are from the cam sensors. Or at least that's how I understand it. I've only gone into limp mode a couple of times.

@cloud9
@PeteInCT
@ArizonaBOSS

TMSBOSS said:
The TBS for the o-ring is also a fix for the miss fire codes? Or am I mixing thispmgs up again?

TSB didn't do anything to reduce my P0300 codes. ever since I put my boss intake on I've been getting these codes, usually at idle. happens daily if I reset, I no longer care and just leave the light on. I also tried the CJ pulse ring, that didn't do anything, car will rev to 8000 easily but no way a stock GT rod can handle that! I bet the boss could for a while! although don't the WC guys use Manley steel H-beam rods?

Where is it located ? ,,, ill add it in my clutch/flywheel list ..

Is there a video to show where is it and how to change it ?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
eng90 said:
Where is it located ? ,,, ill add it in my clutch/flywheel list ..

Is there a video to show where is it and how to change it ?

Its a disc shaped piece between the flywheel and crank. Remove the flywheel an the disc is free. There is an index tab that you line up when the fly wheel is installed. A relearn my be required.

I will be doing this upgrade in a week or so. I also ordered the orange o-ring that goes under the crank sensor.

Cheap insurance.
FOPZ-9229-A
O-ring

TSB Link http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/tsb05-14/tsb13-06-15.pdf

TMO Supporting Vendors