The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Credit Customers.. Need Help NOW!! PLEEEEAAAAAAASSSE.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm working a deal on a Boss right now, but it's 2 hours from my house, and I'm getting on a plane for vacation in (now) 3 hours. I need to know what Ford Credit's tier 1 rate(s) are right now. The dealer started me at 7.99, then came down to 7.29(72mo)-I walked, now they're calling me and saying 5.99 on a 'Flex Buy'? 66 months with low payments for the first 36 mo etc.. I basically just need to know what the tier 1 rates are, and I'll take it from there. The car is the color I want, has the options(Torsen diff/no Recaros), and most importantly- MSRP including the track key activation.
Please shoot me back the info if you have it ASAP
Thanx in advance!

I have finance through FMC and got a 3.29% rate on 5 years with $10,000 down. They originally started high and when another financial institute came with the 3.29%, FMC matched it. Overall, they want their cars to stay within their business.

Hope this helps out some. Good luck on getting the car.

suprmn said:
I have finance through FMC and got a 3.29% rate on 5 years with $10,000 down. They originally started high and when another financial institute came with the 3.29%, FMC matched it. Overall, they want their cars to stay within their business.

Thanx man..!.
I just called 'em and told them to go pound sand. I'm on a really tight schedule today, and don't have time to screw around with those D-Bags. I told them time and again to give me the BOTTOM LINE, and I'll either take it or leave it. I have 10 days in Hawaii starting tonight, so I'll have PLENTY of time to find a better deal. Internet works there too ;). I have a free ticket to wherever Southwest airlins goes, so if dealers in the midwest start getting nervous 'cuz the snow's coming, I'll be there to pounce. I wish I was wealthy so I didn't have to get the best deal possible, but I'm not, so I do. :)
Thanx again.. I really appreciate it.

yokev said:
I'm working a deal on a Boss right now, but it's 2 hours from my house, and I'm getting on a plane for vacation in (now) 3 hours. I need to know what Ford Credit's tier 1 rate(s) are right now. The dealer started me at 7.99, then came down to 7.29(72mo)-I walked, now they're calling me and saying 5.99 on a 'Flex Buy'? 66 months with low payments for the first 36 mo etc.. I basically just need to know what the tier 1 rates are, and I'll take it from there. The car is the color I want, has the options(Torsen diff/no Recaros), and most importantly- MSRP including the track key activation.
Please shoot me back the info if you have it ASAP
Thanx in advance!

Good grief, those are horrible rates. Got mine through Navy Federal Credit Union (2.9% for 72 months, 38K financed).

GA
Shop around. Since you are getting no incentives don't give the business to Ford Motor Credit. I don't know what your personal finance/credit situation is, but that sounds about right for the no-incentive, "screw me because you have a car that everyone wants" rate. I am trying to decide on 0% on a 2012 GT through FMC, which I can "Boss Up" with the savings on the interest I would have to pay on a Boss.

GA
suprmn said:

You must have a credit score well in the 800's to get a rate like that from FMC on a Boss. This gentleman may not be in the same position.

PJWANNABE said:
Shop around. Since you are getting no incentives don't give the business to Ford Motor Credit. I don't know what your personal finance/credit situation is, but that sounds about right for the no-incentive, "screw me because you have a car that everyone wants" rate. I am trying to decide on 0% on a 2012 GT through FMC, which I can "Boss Up" with the savings on the interest I would have to pay on a Boss.
That's funny... that's EXACTLY what I did with my '12 GT. I took it to a local dealer a couple weeks ago to see what kind of deal they could give on a Boss, and the entire shift circled the car and couldn't tell it wasn't 'Real'. Kept asking me how I liked it, and whether I had the track key hooked up yet(which I hear CARB is still screwing around on).. Figure around $7-8K if you get EVERYTHING(suspension and wheels, oil cooler, brake ducting included. The damn seats are over $2k by themselves, the wheels another $2k, and the struts/shocks $1500). You'll save yourself a lot of money if you just start with a base GT with the Brembo package. It comes with the same brakes and sway bars. Problem with mine was the transmission. It'd lock me out of gear whenever it felt like it, go into reverse when I put it into 1st(as if the reverse lock-out spring disappeared), and would grind 2nd and 3rd gears. The dealer brought out a Ford 'Engineer', and he proceeded to rev it up in 3rd, then promptly back-shifted into 2nd, then froze like a deer in headlights while the rear end locked up and slid all around. I HAD to reach over and pull it outta gear, while shouting at him to press in the freaking clutch. The BEST part was that he wrote that there's nothing wrong with my car. They've got the perfect system. He's not 'required' to speak directly with the customer, so he can say whatever the heck he wants, and you can't confront him with his lies. Tell you what though....THAT car was SERIOUSLY fast! Just Boss intake w/stock tube and airbox, and full exhaust had it 44Xhp to the GROUND.
The amount of fun I had in that car is the ONLY reason I'm looking at getting a Boss. I spent too much time, effort, and sweat putting all of that stuff on(I installed everything myself to save money) to do it all over again.
As far as my credit worthiness...I'm above a 720, which is what I had to be to get 'tier 1' on the GT, so I'm expecting getting the same on the Boss. They're starting to sit even here in Kalifornistan, so even if I don't find a better deal, something tells me the same car will be around in 10 days when I get back.
I'm off to the airport now, but again.. Thank you very much for the info you guys supplied. I've now book-marked this site, and will come back and visit while I'm LOUNGING BY THE POOL IN KAUAI ;D

GA
yokev said:
PJWANNABE said:
That's funny... that's EXACTLY what I did with my '12 GT. I took it to a local dealer a couple weeks ago to see what kind of deal they could give on a Boss, and the entire shift circled the car and couldn't tell it wasn't 'Real'. Kept asking me how I liked it, and whether I had the track key hooked up yet(which I hear CARB is still screwing around on).. Figure around $7-8K if you get EVERYTHING(suspension and wheels, oil cooler, brake ducting included. The damn seats are over $2k by themselves, the wheels another $2k, and the struts/shocks $1500). You'll save yourself a lot of money if you just start with a base GT with the Brembo package. It comes with the same brakes and sway bars. Problem with mine was the transmission. It'd lock me out of gear whenever it felt like it, go into reverse when I put it into 1st(as if the reverse lock-out spring disappeared), and would grind 2nd and 3rd gears. The dealer brought out a Ford 'Engineer', and he proceeded to rev it up in 3rd, then promptly back-shifted into 2nd, then froze like a deer in headlights while the rear end locked up and slid all around. I HAD to reach over and pull it outta gear, while shouting at him to press in the freaking clutch. The BEST part was that he wrote that there's nothing wrong with my car. They've got the perfect system. He's not 'required' to speak directly with the customer, so he can say whatever the heck he wants, and you can't confront him with his lies. Tell you what though....THAT car was SERIOUSLY fast! Just Boss intake w/stock tube and airbox, and full exhaust had it 44Xhp to the GROUND.
The amount of fun I had in that car is the ONLY reason I'm looking at getting a Boss. I spent too much time, effort, and sweat putting all of that stuff on(I installed everything myself to save money) to do it all over again.
As far as my credit worthiness...I'm above a 720, which is what I had to be to get 'tier 1' on the GT, so I'm expecting getting the same on the Boss. They're starting to sit even here in Kalifornistan, so even if I don't find a better deal, something tells me the same car will be around in 10 days when I get back.
I'm off to the airport now, but again.. Thank you very much for the info you guys supplied. I've now book-marked this site, and will come back and visit while I'm LOUNGING BY THE POOL IN KAUAI ;D

Good luck with your search. I have been hanging back too since I feel the Bosses will start sitting soon, especially after November when the 2013 Mustang is revealed. There are supposed to be some subtle but key changes to the styling that I think will make most want to wait. The advantage to "Bossing Up" a premium GT is that I get leather, shaker 500, sync, and an auto dimming mirror. ;) My girth does not fit well in Recaros, so I will probably leave the seats until I can slim myself down. My eventual plan for the car would be to make it a full-fledged racer.

As the year winds down & cold weather starts to approach ( in most parts of the country ) you will see ADM's start to shrink and/or disappear on the remaining unsold BOSSES. Wise stealers will try to unload them before the new GT's & BOSSES arrive on the scene. I'm not saying they will be giving them away, but I believe MSRP (or less ) will be more available than it is now.

GA
302 DAN said:
PJWANNABE said:
yokev said:
PJWANNABE said:

Good luck with your search. I have been hanging back too since I feel the Bosses will start sitting soon, especially after November when the 2013 Mustang is revealed. There are supposed to be some subtle but key changes to the styling that I think will make most want to wait. The advantage to "Bossing Up" a premium GT is that I get leather, shaker 500, sync, and an auto dimming mirror. ;) My girth does not fit well in Recaros, so I will probably leave the seats until I can slim myself down. My eventual plan for the car would be to make it a full-fledged racer.

Hey Wanna,
They ain't gonna sit. Better than GOLD investment.
Wild Thing

They might not sit, but I think "better than gold" is a little high of an expectation. It's not like they only made 100.

GA
302BOB said:
As the year winds down & cold weather starts to approach ( in most parts of the country ) you will see ADM's start to shrink and/or disappear on the remaining unsold BOSSES. Wise stealers will try to unload them before the new GT's & BOSSES arrive on the scene. I'm not saying they will be giving them away, but I believe MSRP (or less ) will be more available than it is now.

I think that's a fair assessment. I highly doubt you will ever see them on plan pricing or 0% financing, unless the economy tanks hard again like it did in 2008. The Shelbys are available on plan pricing right now but it is up to the dealer and mine won't do it.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I'm not even going to go into what interest rate I got and how much I borrowed, but I was very pleasantly surprised and I can't believe it.

Just my two cents, if you look at ebay you will see that the Boss is not bringing the high ADM any more. They maybe asking for them but not getting them. There was a LS that just sold on there for a few thousand of MSRP, ever since they anounced that there where going to be changes to the 2013 I believe there are people waiting to see what they really are going to be. There could be a HP bump since everything I have been reading has said that the GT will have a HP around 425 up from 412 so I can't see them leaving the HP on the Boss at 444 but we will see. On the intrested I got preappoved 72 months at 2.5% and my LS is scheduled to be here 8/24/11 in two days been waiting since 12/17/10 but now they are trying to get me to pay 12,000 over MSRP even though they took my deposit last year and told me it would be MSRP so I will be getting my deposit back and telling them to pound sand as well and be getting a 2013 if they stick to that pricing.

PJWANNABE said:
302BOB said:

I think that's a fair assessment. I highly doubt you will ever see them on plan pricing or 0% financing, unless the economy tanks hard again like it did in 2008. The Shelbys are available on plan pricing right now but it is up to the dealer and mine won't do it.
The dealer can put what ever they want on plan pricing, but getting reimbursed from Ford is another story. I found this out because Ford originally had the Boss listed on Xplan (on the Internet) then took it off when the area rep went to Ford for verification. They emailed me and apologized for the typo. Bottom line is the dealers would take it in the shorts if they gave you a car on a plan price that wasn't authorized by Ford.

STIG302 said:
PJWANNABE said:
302BOB said:

The dealer can put what ever they want on plan pricing, but getting reimbursed from Ford is another story. I found this out because Ford originally had the Boss listed on Xplan (on the Internet) then took it off when the area rep went to Ford for verification. They emailed me and apologized for the typo. Bottom line is the dealers would take it in the shorts if they gave you a car on a plan price that wasn't authorized by Ford.
Having owned a Kawasaki dealership, I can agree with you unequivocally ;D. Typically banks code the various 'plans', and with what I sold at least, you first input the vehicle, then they give you a drop-down menu of the available 'plans'. If you 'sold' one that isn't available on the particular car, you won't even have the option of submitting the deal to the bank. IF that dealer rolled any Boss's under that plan, they had the fun task of calling in how ever many customers, and asking them to re-sign contracts for more money. Or un-wind the deal(s) altogether.
I found a Kona blue car for MSRP, but it doesn't have the Torsen/Recaro pkg. I can get a Torsen diff for around $800, but would rather get the car set up right from the beginning. If anyone knows of one at a dealer for MSRP, please PM me(wouldn't want a 'lurker' to get the jump on me ;) ). I'll gladly provide you with a case of my favorite beer(I mean yours ;D)

TMO Supporting Vendors