The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford drops performance pack level 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's a fact. An ss 1le at 40k runs faster or same than 350.
It is ugly ? The front. Easy fix with a zl1 1le replica.

I'm curious to see the "upgraded 10speed what it will be like. Especially torque converter. And by the way. I remember the handling package cannot be with the 10speed? Maybe I'm wrong.
The day i will change no one can say i didn't try. No one.
I tried and I'm trying hard.
You just get tired...at some point

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
121621851_10158868670308535_5960148992003116820_n.jpg

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
^^^ have to admit, that's funny. Even with 33 years or so of owning a Chevy in my not too distant past.

But that wasn't out of any brand-loyalty to Chevy (or GM, for that matter) that I bought that car. More like an early stage of "me-loyalty" as far as cars were going to be concerned.

At this point, me-loyalty could put me in an SS/1LE or a Mustang Mach 1, fixed-income finances permitting. I've driven a 6th gen 1SS (non-1LE), some things I like, some things I don't. Which is pretty much the case with most cars.

Norm

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
I've been a faithful follower of the blue oval since I was 13, but times are a changin and its starting to wear on me. Ford isn't what it used to be and I don't see a reversal to more ICE based choices.

I picked the PP2 because I felt it was a good base to start a track day build @ under $40k. I actually wish I would have bought a salvage car for $15k instead as I want to replace all the factory shortcomings. I'm a little peeved that Ford convinced me that putting track wheels/tires on a street car that can run 3 hot laps before the ECU goes into full ED was all I needed. More upset with my own ignorance really, but the 350 was not financially reasonable to me.

Adding coolers is still way cheaper than buying a Mach I. Now if I can upgrade to a Calimer trans, unload 600lb and add 75hp, I'm set. :rolleyes: 😄

TMO Supporting Vendors