The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford ESP or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5/60 regardless. If TK is at fault it's 3/36 from installation. Nobody has had an issue with TK so the 5/60 is it.

Jabooh1 said:
Interesting. I was told by the dealer that the TK reduced it to 3/36 no matter what the issue. I haven't had any issues but my father has a '13 LS and has gone through 2 transmissions and an engine.
I know this for fact and we've discussed this MANY times. Was your dads covered under warranty? If it wasn't it should have been and the dealer messed up. What happened to his engine?

All three incidents were covered. Tranny at TWS, engine at COTA, tranny at TWS or MSR I can't remember. All were below 36000 though.

Anyway, back on topic.

I didn't do an ESP as I figured that if something broke its a good excuse to upgrade.

3 questions you ask yourself before buying Ford ESP

1) Is the Boss 302 a keeper?

2) Are you driving her hard?

3) Are you keeping her stock (primarily the engine and the main drivetrain components)?

If YES for all -----> buy the Ford ESP

I did buy the warranty and I am covered for 8 years or 125K miles whichever comes first.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
I agree with above post. My 2012 bumper to bumper expires 5/12/15. I just purchased the Ford ESP Premium Care - zero deductible - Covered Through 5/12/2020 or 36k. Car has 3200 miles so not worried about the miles. Paid about $1,200 Best part is the 18 monthly payments are interest free. If your car is a keeper and going to be all stock - like mine - Gives you peace of mind IMO> Good Luck to all.

I cancelled my ESP a month after I bought the car because ESP was not clear about the track key mod. I called this morning and they do cover the car regardless of the track key. I signed up as well and am now covered till 2020. Thank you for the input on this topic - my warranty would have expired December of this year.

Are Ford ESP plans priced the same wherever you buy them or are dealers allowed to discount?

If discounting is allowed, are there any recommendations for best dealer(s) to purchase from?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
GottaBoss said:
Are Ford ESP plans priced the same wherever you buy them or are dealers allowed to discount?

If discounting is allowed, are there any recommendations for best dealer(s) to purchase from?

Yes and No

Ford has a spreadsheet online that dealers use. Same sheet for all. There are many prices on each sheet for the same coverages. If I recall correctly a few years back when I bought they had 8 different prices. The dealer has a lot of latitude on which price to sell at.

Top price was over 100% markup.

I got mine at $1.00 over. Family is important.

TMSBOSS said:
Yes and No

Ford has a spreadsheet online that dealers use. Same sheet for all. There are many prices on each sheet for the same coverages. If I recall correctly a few years back when I bought they had 8 different prices. The dealer has a lot of latitude on which price to sell at.

Top price was over 100% markup.

I got mine at $1.00 over. Family is important.

I'm available for adoption. ;-)

Seriously, if anyone knows of a dealer(s) who has good pricing on ESPs please let me know.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
GottaBoss said:

Yes, ESP plans can be discounted from the manufacturers suggested retail price. You will find your best discounted price from a Ford Retailer selling ESP coverage plans online.

The extended service plan business is highly incentivized and there is always a contest with a trip or bonus cash to be paid by manufacturers to Retailer F&I Managers for highest percent of contracts sold, and/or highest contract volume sold in a given month. This is one reason why Retailers often discount cars and ESP plans during the last 3 day period prior to the Sales Close. Everyone is chasing their number or setting new sales records.

As mentioned above, manufacturer pricing, (MSRP), will vary for the same coverage plan depending upon the amount of the "Deductible" chosen by the Customer. Example: A 7 year, 100,000 mile plan will, (in most cases), have 3 MSRP's, for a $0, $50 or $100 deductible. (Note: Some plans may also have surcharges for forced induction systems, e.g. Turbos and Superchargers.)

Remember, you can purchase a "New Car" coverage ESP plan for your Ford vehicle within the 36 month / 36,000 mile period from the original delivery date of the car. Even if you are not the original owner but the vehicle must be within this 36/36 time period. Note: All ESP coverage plans will extend forward from the original delivery date.

Good luck and Google it to find the best discounted price from an Authorized Ford Retailer.

Dave
2HP

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel