The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford F-150 EV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A hybrid F-150 would be useful. But All these hybrids & EVs still need tax subsidies to work. I have a C-Max Energi for a daily driver. But without the tax credit I got and 0 down, 0% interest it would of not been a good deal. Back to the F-150, first for those that want to play cowboy and still virtue signal to their other friends this is a winner. From a practical standpoint if Ford can make the price right it could rule the job sites. I am in sales for an electrical wholesale supply house. We sell to industry and the trades. Most small power tools are battery powered now, but large electric tools are still needed.
With a hybrid F-150 for the foreman, his crew could plug in the conduit benders and wire pullers without bringing a generator to the job. Hopefully this F-150 hybrid will be cheaper to buy than a diesel. The work trucks with tool boxes for one truck contractors could also use this. It starts bringing a lot of National Electric Code issues in when it is a portable power source. Portable jobsite power is getting more regulated. While the new diesel F-150 will be the next status truck a hybrid F-150 could dethrone it quickly. Despite the potential cannibalization of Powerstroke sales Ford needs to do it to keep out the new rivals. I would like my next truck to be on Ford isn't making, a Ranger Raptor NA V6. Given that my C-Max has an intermittent electrical heater problem that requires taking the front fender off I may buy a new work vehicle this year. I wish the diesel and hybrid F-150 were here now its almost Rodeo in Houston.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With the new Ram having a mild Hybrid this move by Ford will just push all the Manufacturers towards more innovations. Full electric just seems too far off for me, and the nature of usage for a truck just makes Racer Pilot Alan's comments intuitive and rational. Nice comment RP Alan.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel