The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Financing Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
New York
I am buying a new 2015 Ford F150 and when working with the finance manager, he gave me a couple of financing options. The OTD price on the truck is $35600. The dealer offered 72 months at 3.9%. My credit score is 810 and I know I can't get a rate of 2.7% at my credit union. When I told the dealer this he offered me 72 months at 1.9% but I had to purchase the extended service plan for $2000. finance homework He was trying to sell this to me by saying this would be the same monthly payment as if I didn't have the service plan and had the 3.9% rate so he was saying I was basically getting the warranty free. When I asked if I could have the 1.9% rate without the warranty he said they can't do that, but he did tell me I could get it and cancel it so that it would be credited back to my loan. While the warranty sounds good (5yr/100k) I feel that I could get it much cheaper through a 3rd party.

Should I purchase the warranty and cancel so that I can get the lowest rate? Or, should I not mess with ford financing at all and just go with my credit union? Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
My question is this is a new 2015 truck? If this an old question being brought up about a truck you bought years ago, or did you mean a 2021 truck? Just wondering because 1.9% is super low and even low for a Dealer's buy rate. The Ext. Service Contract is at a reasonable price , though if you drive normal miles a 7/100 would be a better option. Sorry , just a few notes need clarifying as most Bank or C/U rates are not this low in most places in the US.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors