The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Focus RS vs Honda Civic Type R? Poll

Ford Focus RS vs. Honda Civic Type R

• Focus RS, of course I'm a Ford guy!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Type R, Honda makes the best engines.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither I want a GT350

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Neither I'm saving for a new Ford GT

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I'll take both

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you take and why?

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/2016-focus-rs-vs-2015-civic-type-r-wpoll.html

2016%2BFocus%2BRS%2B2015%2BCivic%2BType%2BR.jpg

The Civic will be impossible to get in the US. If it was sold here, dealers would slap on ridiculous ADM, and the ricers would borrow more and pay it.

32K Pounds in England. $48,000!!!

my choice isn't in the survey choices.
I'll take a gt350 AND a Focus RS. that's my current plan.
I'm holding out hope that rallycross will continue to pick up steam in the western US and I'll be able to split time in both as dd's and then do some road course action in the gt350 (and, perhaps, some time in the focus too) and then get that focus a little dirty with some rallycross.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
RS all day. I can't imagine the torque steer in the Civic as it was bad in my 215 hp, 184 ftlb JCW. I know technology advances but yeah.

I think the exterior on the Honda looks nicer and the interior is gorgeous but the Focus has more power and is AWD.

ufnavy06 said:
RS all day. I can't imagine the torque steer in the Civic as it was bad in my 215 hp, 184 ftlb JCW. I know technology advances but yeah.
Yea the torque steer in my 1991 Taurus SHO was a nightmare, wheel would jump out of your hand if you weren't holding on tight. Hopefully the Focus ST I have my eye on isn't that bad.

91's SHO? me too. Actually had a number of SHO's (as company cars when I worked at Ford). loved those cars but you're right, you really had to hang on to that steering wheel. that yamaha motor was really special.
I've spent some time in the Focus ST...it's a much more docile beast particularly wrt torque steer. I thought that focus st was a really nice little package. I haven't driven the Fiesta ST but would like to...it's gotten such great reviews.

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
I scaled back on cars right before the Boss, and so happened to be in a an '08 Civic Si. Fun car, though the lack of torque still has me spinning the Boss' tires three years in. lol In 2015, I think Honda can at least keep the torque-steer of 305 turbocharged hp to the level of that 200hp '08. If so, it would be a hoot on the streets.

That said, back in '97 I had a modified '97 Eclipse GSX and have been dreaming of that AWD pocket-rocket combo ever since. The Focus RS looks to be one bad mutha' with great potential and I'd love to have one.

The wife has a 2014 Explorer Sport. 8) She's so glad that I talked her into the Sport, especially since it can take the Boss from a standstill, easily (street tire, on the street)! It hurts the ego but I enjoy it too much. I go trolling in it, soccer-mom crap in the back and all. Took down a new Corvette from a light, only up to 60 before he caught us in (his) 4th, him spinning all the way, me and the family laughing our butts off at how impressive Mom's car is. Gotta love today's Ford! :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors