The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford FR3A-M8A suspension kit. Did I get the wrong kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Ontario, Canada
Just finished my install of this kit. Came complete with all new lock nuts required (surprised me as I had ordered some already). Everything installed except knuckle toe bushing.

After all that work, I could only stand to wait a day before taking it out - once the snow cleared on the street. :)

Im not entirely sure Ford sent me the right kit, the street manners and lack of any NVH from the PP1 is simply amazing. Need some more seat time but I can hardly detect a rough or unpleasant ride, just far more planted and stable. I’m limited in the weather but some corners gave me a small indication of what this kit can do.
Running on 275/35 for now ….

Big thanks to JDee for his hospitality and sitting down with me to help iron out some decisions for this years track days.

I cannot wait to explore the limits of this kit and get an alignment! The stance is exactly what I wanted, not too low either. Ford did an amazing job on this kit - and the “giant” front sway bar went in far easier than I expected. I found it interesting Ford went to a progressive rear spring instead of the PP1 linear in the rear.

BF814D49-6F57-40E7-B54A-BC464EA722E1.jpeg

5B01CA32-8D12-4D8B-B143-2394EA2C48C0.jpeg

98FA49EC-FD4C-45A7-B0DE-A61369DCED77.jpeg

30C2F8CD-58C8-4F9C-BAA5-80E66F4D53B9.jpeg

41ECAC06-751C-4288-90A7-147F79C7B767.jpeg

38E9DC40-F3F2-4DAA-8659-D2A3877A7C98.jpeg

8CD8351D-10CC-4D67-89A3-58A9D5A6A003.jpeg

8E5ED470-D736-49A1-AE9A-D40E9DDFACE9.jpeg

62D0B422-7717-43CB-B85A-7EE9410C1CE9.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Love the background picture, it kind of exemplifies the Canadian spirit, or spirits. You need to get Meet Beer for you sponsor, you will be super popular after the races, haha. US has Cars and Coffee, Canada has Cars and Cereal Malt Beverages ------ Uber must make a mint after you guys get together because I have seen Canucks drink and no one could drive home, ha.

JDee is a great source of info and help and there have been quite a few Canadians sign up on TMO of late. Couple from BC, a couple from Alberta , and around 10 from Ontario. We almost need to have a subsection for Canadian Tracksters as there are a bunch of you on TMO!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Echo Bill's comment..."sponsored by Molson Canadian, eh"?

Glad that you found @JDee...careful there...he'll take you where few "hosers, eh" have gone before...lol.

PS: Rear springs are closer to being dual-rate...like a main (linear) spring and low-rate helper spring. Best of both worlds, especially for managing traction and ride quality when transferring weight. Great product...especially at bumpy tracks.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Ontario, Canada
Love the background picture, it kind of exemplifies the Canadian spirit, or spirits. You need to get Meet Beer for you sponsor, you will be super popular after the races, haha. US has Cars and Coffee, Canada has Cars and Cereal Malt Beverages ------ Uber must make a mint after you guys get together because I have seen Canucks drink and no one could drive home, ha.

JDee is a great source of info and help and there have been quite a few Canadians sign up on TMO of late. Couple from BC, a couple from Alberta , and around 10 from Ontario. We almost need to have a subsection for Canadian Tracksters as there are a bunch of you on TMO!
.... it is funny the things you see AFTER you take the picture. Classic!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Was good meeting you Cam and happy to help you out. You won't regret getting that kit, it absolutely transforms the car and it is still very streetable, as you are finding out. Next, get those Vorshlag camber plates and also their oversized brake cooling deflectors, those two things will help with brake and tire wear immensely, to say nothing of lap times! Your PP1 should have the tunnels in the splitter to feed air to the deflectors.
First Shannonville track day is May 1st, hope to see you there!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Ontario, Canada
Was good meeting you Cam and happy to help you out. You won't regret getting that kit, it absolutely transforms the car and it is still very streetable, as you are finding out. Next, get those Vorshlag camber plates and also their oversized brake cooling deflectors, those two things will help with brake and tire wear immensely, to say nothing of lap times! Your PP1 should have the tunnels in the splitter to feed air to the deflectors.
First Shannonville track day is May 1st, hope to see you there!

.... I saw that. Unfortunately I may be preaching that Sunday, shooting for any other day of the week for this year. I may do Mosport GP track on Apr 29th with DriveTeq. I'm sure I'll see you soon and take some pro tips from an endurance racer. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel