The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford GT Lightning Lap: Whoa!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Discuss...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I love it....and I love that track!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I am wondering if this "late run" or "lack of availability" for original Lightning Lap was a calculated strategy by Ford's marketing team. They have been doing a great job of generating hype for the GT350 and Ford GT; delaying this to run later would make things even more tantalizing, and keep the spotlight on the FGT at the same time.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
As soon as I saw this I thought to myself "Hmmmm....cooler denser air in winter, this is a better time to have that run I think".

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
FWIW, Billy Johnson just posted this to his Facebook page...

A whopping 4.4 seconds faster at VIR than the C&D hotshoes :eek:

gKxSKRA.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
FWIW, Billy Johnson just posted this to his Facebook page...

A whopping 4.4 seconds faster at VIR than the C&D hotshoes :eek:

gKxSKRA.png
Same exact tires/trim? That's a bunch if it is.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Friend of mine has 918, 911R, GT2RS (last week), 488, Performante, several race cars. And a Raptor or two. He has been trying to get FGT since inception. No joy.

Spectacular guy... wants to be a “Ford guy” and preach the gospel like he has done for Porsche...has helped the sport for years. But his position in life forces him to be private (family protection)... so he cannot be a social media hero OR a slimy pro wrestler (lol).

We all understand marketing “cleverness”... but sometimes the marketing high priests forget that grassroots ripples are longer lasting and more far-reaching than big splashy BS.

Rant over. FGT vs. LFA on “real tires”. Bring it on.

I spoke to Billy, he is here at Daytona. He showed me a photo of him in the GT wearing a T shirt after he did this. He also said he took a photo of his gauge cluster doing 158 in a turn. One hand on the wheel the other on his camera. He said it will go faster.

Crazy dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel