The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford GT mk2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niiice! Are you going to the Shelby Bash this year? They're making a push for GT's to make it, including a GT only run group.

Looking good. Still taking it out this weekend? Do you have any build pics to share?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I am an a NASA Instructor and I would be very happy to come out and sit in your passenger seat for a ride , er, ..... I meant to instruct you in the finer points of driving quickly. I, would , of course , have to take it around the track at Thermal a few hundred times, er , a few times, just to make sure I had the feel of how to optimize your runs.

Sincerely,
Your terribly helpful friend out in Kneebrasky,
Willie Da P

What we really want to know is how the MK II compares to your other "track toys" like your 488 GT3, 458 CH, Senna, 599 XX and FXX K. Did I miss any?

How could we forget the Mustang GT4+ ??

And the short answer is: the Mk2 is the fastest thing I own on most tracks. The FXX-K might be faster on tracks like Daytona with very long straights, but otherwise...

TMO Supporting Vendors