The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford GT mk2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am an a NASA Instructor and I would be very happy to come out and sit in your passenger seat for a ride , er, ..... I meant to instruct you in the finer points of driving quickly. I, would , of course , have to take it around the track at Thermal a few hundred times, er , a few times, just to make sure I had the feel of how to optimize your runs.

Sincerely,
Your terribly helpful friend out in Kneebrasky,
Willie Da P

I'll be happy to give out passenger rides to my TMO brethren.

How could I forget the most Bad Ass Mustang track car ever?

That’s impressive. I expected the GT3 to be faster. I suspect they are close though.

How could I forget the most Bad Ass Mustang track car ever?

That’s impressive. I expected the GT3 to be faster. I suspect they are close though.

The MK2 weighs about the same as the GT3, has similar downforce and tires, and packs an extra ~175HP. Even though it's not as developed as the GT3, those extra ponies count for a lot.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
I was envious of your GT4 already, but that MK2 is the icing on the cake. Then I realized who you are and all the stuff you get to play with :)
Thx for sharing the passion and showing and using all these toys, too many of them get put away for whatever reason. I like owners like you, who still enjoy what they own.

Here's to hoping we meet someday and I can bribe a passenger lap in something, anything :)

I showed your video to Mark RUshbrook and Dave Pericak yesterday while in a meeting, both were like "yep, dude is cool and can drive the heck of whatever we sell him :p "

[...]
Here's to hoping we meet someday and I can bribe a passenger lap in something, anything :)

I showed your video to Mark RUshbrook and Dave Pericak yesterday while in a meeting, both were like "yep, dude is cool and can drive the heck of whatever we sell him :p "

That's very cool, thank you for doing that. I'm really enjoying both the GT4 Mustang and the GTmk2 - they're both very fast and each offers its own rewards for driving well.

Certainly if you make it out to the Shelby event at LVMS, drop me a line and I'll set up a passenger lap in the mk2. It's quite a ride!

TMO Supporting Vendors