The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford ICE showing profits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No surprise and GM is having the same issues, but this has been foreseen by many and is part of the reason full EV/Hybrid dominance is years away. Infrastructure is the common concern and I am still of the opinion that that will drive the Hybrid buggy much, much faster than the pure EV carbon life form carriers. Either way, it is interesting to note companies like Stellantis who came to the party late and are not in a giant hurry, along with Toyota who have taken the Hybrid stand and ICE stand more strongly than other big Manufacturers.

Of course I am still of the opinion that there are more surprises in store in the coming years and the technology of the ICE is not truly over. Cars in the 60s and 70s got 8-10 miles per gallon, the Mach 1 will get 22 pretty easily on the highway, and my wife's Macan S garners 25-26 mpg all the time. With Hybrids over 50 pretty common, I honestly imagine ICE/Hybrids or alternative fuels, all getting 50-75mpg in the next decade.

TX
No surprise and GM is having the same issues, but this has been foreseen by many and is part of the reason full EV/Hybrid dominance is years away. Infrastructure is the common concern and I am still of the opinion that that will drive the Hybrid buggy much, much faster than the pure EV carbon life form carriers. Either way, it is interesting to note companies like Stellantis who came to the party late and are not in a giant hurry, along with Toyota who have taken the Hybrid stand and ICE stand more strongly than other big Manufacturers.

Of course I am still of the opinion that there are more surprises in store in the coming years and the technology of the ICE is not truly over. Cars in the 60s and 70s got 8-10 miles per gallon, the Mach 1 will get 22 pretty easily on the highway, and my wife's Macan S garners 25-26 mpg all the time. With Hybrids over 50 pretty common, I honestly imagine ICE/Hybrids or alternative fuels, all getting 50-75mpg in the next decade.
Macan s is a fun car! Wife has great taste!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I know Honeybadger, she married me, haha! I always give her kudos as she is the one who pushed me into autocross and racing! She saw how strong my passion was and she pushed me when I faltered because I did not want to sacrifice anything away from my family. Funny how that little step helped me get into a business which not only helped me with my automotive passion, the tracking helped me further my Sales. Best part was meeting so many new friends and racing, autocross, etc. is such a great stress reliever!

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
My 2012 Fiesta got 42mpg. No turbos, no hybrid, no batteries, just good old fashioned American Musc....uh... hamsters.

My 2021 Ram with the eTorque "hybrid" got exactly the same mpg as my 2010 F150 under all conditions.

The whole world runs on liquid fuel, I still continue to believe that's how it will remain. I don't think electric will be the answer. Even as good as my Milwaukee battery powered tools are, I still have a couple air powered tools in the box.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Agree about the ETorque as it is a quasi hybrid and is primarily set up for a bunch of torque when pulling ( especially initial tug ). There will be a more efficient and truer Hybrid coming from Ram in the future. I don't get any better with my 22 than I did with my 2014, but geez is the truck an absolute dream to drive.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
California
my base 2017 fiesta se 5 speed gets 40 mpg freeway and anywhere from 25-30 on the streets. I can easily see combustion cars in the 50+ range soon without the need for hybrids. Just think about how unbelievable a 500hp street car was 20 years ago. 20 years ago 500hp on the street was expensive, unreliable and hard to do. Now we have cars factory or bolt on making 500 and they are 10x more reliable. Hell, in Texas people will drive their twin turbo 1k hp setups daily.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
My 2012 Fiesta got 42mpg. No turbos, no hybrid, no batteries, just good old fashioned American Musc....uh... hamsters.

My 2021 Ram with the eTorque "hybrid" got exactly the same mpg as my 2010 F150 under all conditions.

The whole world runs on liquid fuel, I still continue to believe that's how it will remain. I don't think electric will be the answer. Even as good as my Milwaukee battery powered tools are, I still have a couple air powered tools in the box.
I like the portability of the battery powered tools, however I've went thru at least 6 battery powered drills, still have 30-35 year old air tools that still work fine.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I like the portability of the battery powered tools, however I've went thru at least 6 battery powered drills, still have 30-35 year old air tools that still work fine.
We have several Milwaukee battery drills here in the shop and I love them but....when it gets serious, out comes the corded Milwaukee with a real chuck and 110 volts. I haven't touched my air drills in decades.

TMO Supporting Vendors