The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Laguna Seca pod guages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am considering purchasing the pod and guages for my boss. After a little research I came acros this. http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html Has anyone any experience with this or how it compares to the Laguna Seca guages. It looks to be an easy hookup and gives you a lot more info. Not to mention a lot cheaper.

Several people on this board have these, there are a few topics on them already. I have not seen any negative reviews. as soon as I can scrape up the cash im going with the dual option.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Many of us are using it - semms like most of us are happy with it - I am. You can monitor two readings (per gauge) at the same time and can set up an annunciator that will warn you when a specific value is reached (i.e. RPM, temp, etc). You can also have it monitor up to two separate analog inputs (i.e. Oil pressure). There is am option to drive two separate gauges off of the single OBD port tap.

This is mine, installed in the Roush pod gauge mount (left of steering wheel on dash):

2012-01-14_12-36-10_76.jpg

Pete,

I'm looking to get this gauge, but the only single pod option available is the roush vent mount like you have. Do you find its easy to read? Sitting in my boss the other day hands on the wheel and it seems my arm would hinder my viewing of that vent. Do you find it difficult to glance at and get a quick reading say while on the track?

Im thinking to get a quick easy view I'll need one of those pillar pods but they only come in the dual option, so I feel like I need to get the dual aerotech setup.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I don't find the position of the gauge an issue as far as visibility from blocking the view from my hands. I glance down from time to time and I may be sliding my left hand down unconsciously to get a good view, I'm not sure. To be honest I don't rely very much on gauges while driving - but that's where the annunciator function of the Aeroforce comes in very handy - you don't need to watch it.

I am not a big fan at all of gauges on the pillar, they block my view of the track on the far left side. I personally could never use a pillar based mounting system on a road course.

The biggest challenge I see with the Aeroforce is that in bright sunlight there can be a glare off of the clear bezel that can make it a little hard to read. The display is not very bright nor does it have great contrast. Overall it works very well and I don't know of another option exactly like it.

PeteInCT said:
Many of us are using it - semms like most of us are happy with it - I am. You can monitor two readings (per gauge) at the same time and can set up an annunciator that will warn you when a specific value is reached (i.e. RPM, temp, etc). You can also have it monitor up to two separate analog inputs (i.e. Oil pressure). There is am option to drive two separate gauges off of the single OBD port tap.

This is mine, installed in the Roush pod gauge mount (left of steering wheel on dash):

2012-01-14_12-36-10_76.jpg
This from a guy with the LS gauge pod. ;)

I like the idea of not cutting into the dash and installing a big gauge pod in the center. That's usually where I hangs nav system when I need it or my radar detector. The vent mount sounds like a better idea for me. Do you think that left side location my be the cause of more glare on the face of it or maybe reflection from the side window? I noticed you can get different color faces on it. Do you think a different color would be better or worse for the glare. Sorry I'm getting to nit picky I guess. I don't really see the need for two of those guages for my use. Am I missing something? Thanks for your input.

Maybe you can get a polarized glare resistant plastic film to put on it?

The mirror blocks my view ahead to the right, so I duck my head to look before turning. I'm not sure I would be able to drive the car with a big pod under the mirror.

It's to bad you can't put in in the vent to the right of the steering wheel. It's rectangular there but would be a better location in my opinion.

Maui
I went with 2 aeroforce gauges on a SOS dual a- pillar pod. It's a little harder to see in the day time, but I can still make it all out. If you order from aeroforce you can specify the background color. You can probably e-mail todd from aeroforce to see which color appears best during the daytime. I also set up the annunciator to function as a shift light. I stuck in an oil pressure sensor as well for one of the gauges... These gauges are great.. You can monitor a lot of data, A/F ratio, CHT, RPMs, oil pressure (with the sensor), RPMS. plus there's a built in scanner to check for error codes...

401697_10150540373143704_580538703_8725488_2145798052_n.jpg

396347_10150547584113704_580538703_8749310_824536513_n.jpg

Maui
StDavid said:
How hard is it to install the oil pressure sensor? Also, what routing path did you use?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Here is a link and some pictures of my install... PM me if you have more questions...
Jeff
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/aeroforce-oil-pressure-sensor/

TMO Supporting Vendors