The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Mustang 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've seen reviews with Ford Mustang 0-60 times that range from 4.0 seconds to 4.8 seconds, but I think this is the fastest yet. :eek:

From the Youtube video description:

"This is for a 2012 Boss Mustang. This car is fast... very fast!!!! The RoadflyTV crew of Charlie Romero, Emme Hall and Ross Rapoport took the 2012 Boss Mustang to an Autocross course to see how it would handle. While we were there we had the chance to repeatedly test how fast this new Mustang could get to 60 MPH. We had some very fast 0-60 times but our best run was 0-60 MPH in 3.93 seconds. The surface was very sticky, the car was fully warmed up, the weather was perfectly cool. Everything stacked in favor of this new mustang breaking the 4 second barrier.

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302
0-60 MPH: 3.93 seconds
"

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the most accurate one. ;)

Amen, I believe it... ;D ;D gave my wife's best friend a ride like that, she almost wet her self, her husband has a new 911, both of them cannot believe this car... :eek:

BLAZN BOSS

neither could the new SS I smoked............. :D I told myself he was biting off more than he could chew!

GA
BLAZN BOSS said:
neither could the new SS I smoked............. :D I told myself he was biting off more than he could chew!

Hitler says even a GT can walk a Camaro SS, so I'll have to try that too... ;)

I'd like to belive it - 0-6 under 4 sec - really I would. But, this is the only source I've seen to date that says the Boss can do it in under 4 sec. All the car mags have it somewhere around 4.2, 4.3.

Anyway, for my money the Boss is wicked fast. 2 or 3 tenths of a second only counts on paper; or if the car next to you beats you by a nose!

I love my car!

KYBOSSLS said:
Amen, I believe it... ;D ;D gave my wife's best friend a ride like that, she almost wet her self, her husband has a new 911, both of them cannot believe this car... :eek:
I've been a member of the Porsche Club of America (Potomac Region) since 1983. I currently own a Porsche race car. I brought my Boss to a PCA track event at Summit Point a couple of weekends ago. It attracted a huge amount of attention and compliments (especially after I removed the side exhaust restrictors). When I passed a number of Porsches on the track (including a 911 GT3, that was just icing on the cake). I let a friend of mine who owns a $160K GT3 RS drive it and he LOVED it. I have some video I'll be posting soon.

ChuckP said:
KYBOSSLS said:
I've been a member of the Porsche Club of America (Potomac Region) since 1983. I currently own a Porsche race car. I brought my Boss to a PCA track event at Summit Point a couple of weekends ago. It attracted a huge amount of attention and compliments (especially after I removed the side exhaust restrictors). When I passed a number of Porsches on the track (including a 911 GT3, that was just icing on the cake). I let a friend of mine who owns a $160K GT3 RS drive it and he LOVED it. I have some video I'll be posting soon.
That is awesome Chuck! I just love running with the Porsches. ;D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
My car which is not a Boss but plays one on TV has done 3.96 to 3.98 multiple times according to my GTech Pro fanatic GPS timer thingy. It also has done 4.8 more times than I would like :p
this is on PZeros 285/19 with road race setup so I think the real Boss cars are capable of sub 4 to 60, depends on driver, tire temp, road surface etc. my 60 foot times for the 3.xx runs we're in the high 1.7x range which is pretty good for street tires on the street.
Once again shows what a good job Fordvdid with the S197 chassis. They just took 5 years to get the right engine for it ;)
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors