The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford notice of original warranty expiration!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
OK, all you 2012 Boss owners. Just received my official notice of warranty expiration from Ford. Others must be getting them as well, I'm covered till Sept 2014 so a year and 4 months left. What are you going to do with the warranty? Let it expire? Get the extended coverage from Ford? Or buy non Ford extended coverage? I think I will call in to Ford and see what the cost is. My car has seen the dealers service bays and is going in Tuesday for a transmission rebuild all on Ford warranty. Kinda nice to have. I think Fords 3 year warranty should be more like 5 years. I have never liked extended warranty's but the Boss seems to have some issue's. I will post costs from Ford once I get them.

I got a "good deal" at time of purchase for the extended warranty. I also got the wheel/tire warranty. I took one look at the profile, rims and Massachusetts' (noston area) terrible roads and knew it was a must.

I've followed a lot of posts on warranty repairs on this site. Seems like Ford is doing the right thing for BOSS owners and repairing a lot of items. I had a MOPAR 10+ years ago and they fought me on everything.

Domestic Product said:
OK, all you 2012 Boss owners. Just received my official notice of warranty expiration from Ford. Others must be getting them as well, I'm covered till Sept 2014 so a year and 4 months left. What are you going to do with the warranty? Let it expire? Get the extended coverage from Ford? Or buy non Ford extended coverage? I think I will call in to Ford and see what the cost is. My car has seen the dealers service bays and is going in Tuesday for a transmission rebuild all on Ford warranty. Kinda nice to have. I think Fords 3 year warranty should be more like 5 years. I have never liked extended warranty's but the Boss seems to have some issue's. I will post costs from Ford once I get them.

My 3YR/36K Bumper to bumper will expire in July 2014. Have received no notices. Purchased the extended 72MO warranty on mine. No Trackey as of yet. I'll run out of warranty for calander time before milage on mine. No issues with mine so far.

Domestic Product

Yes we have 5yr 60,000 on the power train and 3yr 36,000 bumper to bumper. I was told and read that the track key did not change the warranty. That is the main reason I went with it. Seems silly that if you put Ford parts on, especially the track key made for the Boss only it voids or shortens your Ford warranty. I can see a blower or something. I will ask my tech as the car will be at the dealer tomorrow. He is a senior tech.
Looks like you can extend the coverage with just basic power train up to bumper to bumper from 36,000 to 125,000 miles. I'm assuming that's added to the mileage that you would have on your car. 3 to 7 years and 0 to 200 deductible. Good at any Ford dealer.
For those of us that will be keeping the cars close to stock, I think the extended plan may be a good thing
depending on the cost. If you are going hard core and making major changes then no. I will call in and get costs this week and post them.

Domestic Product

OK, called in this morning to check on the esp plans with Ford esp. Was told that if you have the Boss 302 and you have activated the track key. You are ineligible :( for any extended warranty but your regular warranty was still good. So if you have the track key...... never mind. No track key you can get the extended plan. Costs are per car how many miles ect. you have to call in and give them your vin. 1-888-252-3899.

Domestic Product said:
OK, called in this morning to check on the esp plans with Ford esp. Was told that if you have the Boss 302 and you have activated the track key. You are ineligible :( for any extended warranty but your regular warranty was still good. So if you have the track key...... never mind. No track key you can get the extended plan. Costs are per car how many miles ect. you have to call in and give them your vin. 1-888-252-3899.
Seems odd. I bought the extended warranty with the car and later added the track key. Was told that didn't affect my extended warranty. Maybe has to do with purchasing esp later on?

TMO Supporting Vendors