The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Pass App

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just purchased a new Ford and I downloaded the updated Ford Pass app and it’s pretty slick. Lots of features and it automatically located the other three new Ford vehicles I’ve purchased since 2013. If you have a new Ford and haven’t yet downloaded the app I’d check it out.

The Ranger Raptor is a no-show for 2021 so I got tired of waiting and purchased a new 2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport. Now that I’m back riding dirt bikes I wanted something to haul them around. This will be my ski mobile as well. Next Wed I’m having a Rhino liner sprayed in and a leveling kit installed up front.

That’s about it on the mod list with maybe the Ford Performance tune which adds 45 hp and maintains the warranty. Has anyone installed the tune on their Ranger?

CAD3F300-2EE1-45EB-B145-F6AB14AD8E89.pngF56E678C-E0B8-42E9-B830-468FD8F8520B.png44BE16E6-6D40-4835-8D66-69E5E71BD6B4.png345368EB-260D-4280-9FCC-72CE729682F9.jpeg9DE4649E-6864-4903-A2DF-201ADAFC650E.jpegEB7B9526-E0AB-44C1-8A5A-E6F746BABDA6.jpeg605AE083-E7AA-4A70-B25F-F20880CCFD7E.jpeg1595C2E5-2285-473E-9FAF-93CBAB7AD590.jpeg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Rick,

Love the Ranger. Did you get a towing package and do they offer any Max Towing Package like they did on a 3.5L eco boost -150?

Haven't tried the APP but I do have the Boss, an Edge and the F-150 and may check it out.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Nice truck Rick! I'm so glad they brought back the midsize pickup. Such a great segment. Those Lariats are pretty luxurious.

Now that we're moving out to the "countryside" I need to start looking at trucks at some point. Was thinking of getting an old 68-72 "bump side" F100/F150 and making it a long term project/work truck for dump runs and home projects. They're not easy to find in decent shape, and when you do find one the asking price is usually higher than you'd expect. Would love a short bed but they're a lot more pricey than the long beds.

Does the Pass App only work with SYNC3? Or will it also work with SYNC2?
I don’t think the App is specific to Sync. My understanding is my car has WiFi built in as you can access the car info from a long distance. Similar to my Tesla. Late last year I got rear ended in my Tesla. I could track it’s whereabouts on the Tesla app and received notifications every time it was moved while it was being repaired. I don’t think Tesla’s get stolen a lot.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Would definitely love to find something with a nice patina and just update the drivetrain/interior - something in between rat truck and pro touring. A little surface rust would give it some character :)

You should've called me, the wife's trade in was a 97 ranger (standard cab) stepside with a v6, it was begging to be hot rodded, it was totally ratted and really needed a frame off, and a crate motor.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
You should've called me, the wife's trade in was a 97 ranger (standard cab) stepside with a v6, it was begging to be hot rodded, it was totally ratted and really needed a frame off, and a crate motor.
That could be a fun platform. I've been focused on something '75 or older to avoid having to deal with emissions testing here in CA. Not that I plan to go crazy on performance or anything, I'm just not really interested in dealing with it. Maybe I should expand my options though.

That could be a fun platform. I've been focused on something '75 or older to avoid having to deal with emissions testing here in CA. Not that I plan to go crazy on performance or anything, I'm just not really interested in dealing with it. Maybe I should expand my options though.
Ohh.. the People's Republik of Kalifornia

I still live in the free state of Florida.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
Nice truck, great color!

It's a pretty cool app. You get free oil changes and stuff using the points they give you when you sign-up and do stuff with it. You can even schedule your appointments at the dealer for your free oil changes using the app.

I always get paranoid thinking I didn't lock the doors when we go places, now I can do it remote just to be double sure. My Wife's Edge ST has more functionality than the app on the Shelby, she can remote start the car to warm it up in the am.

It's pretty neat

TMO Supporting Vendors