The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Performance 5.2 Aluminator XS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This looks tasty with 580 HP. Who's going to be the first to order one? @voodoo child21

https://youtu.be/knES-NqSweg

I don't think it's officially released for public sale yet. My impression is Ford wedged it into this 2015+ GT as sort of a proof of concept and development and this was it's first official public look at Woodward.

I'd expect it to show up on the website and available for purchase in a few months.

ArizonaBOSS said:
It's the same external dimensions as the 5.0 so I don't think there was much "wedging" to be done ;)

You are correct sir. The main "issue" is getting the CJ intake to fit under the hood. Ford spent some time on modifying a stock hood so that it would fit. If you look, you can see how they cut bracing under the hood to make clearance for it.......

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Looks like you're right. They did it pretty cleanly, so I didn't even notice.

I'm guessing they went with the CJ vs the GT350 intake due to the lack of CMCVs/IMRCs

Yeah, the intake manifold has me really intrigued. Interesting that they went with the 'modified' CJ intake.

I'd love to hear how modified it is - if it's exterior dimensions, changing FRPP logo to Ford Performance, slight runner tweaks, etc. And also interested in how it compares to the GT350 intake in terms of performance.

Is this going to be a whole new model Mustang or just a crate motor? If its a whole new car, it seems to be a Performance Pkg GT with an improved voodoo motor AND automatic trans. I'd still get a GT350 over this unless they make it look and 'feel' more like a "special edition" Mustang.

Sydewaysix said:
Is this going to be a whole new model Mustang or just a crate motor? If its a whole new car, it seems to be a Performance Pkg GT with an improved voodoo motor AND automatic trans. I'd still get a GT350 over this unless they make it look and 'feel' more like a "special edition" Mustang.

Crate motor. Mostly just a display model that functions for future parts.

It's not that difficult to put together outside of the crate engine since all of the parts are available from FP. That being said there are a few people who are having issues with the 5.2 blocks due to casting errors IIRC so I doubt Ford Racing will be releasing this until they know those issues have been resolved.

TMO Supporting Vendors