The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Performance Racing School Moves To Charlotte

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Over 10% of the US population lives in CA and half in NorCal (nearing 40 MM total). There are millions more people living closer to Thunderhill than Tooele Utah. Plus there are more people living in the Sacramento area than the entire state of Utah. Thunderhill would be a lot better choice than Tooele from a population perspective. Thunderhill could also handle the offroad classes and frankly is a much better track than Utah.

Utah has some of the best snow skiing anywhere in the world. Even better than Colorado. :eek: @Black Boss Not to mention some great fly fishing as well and a few National Parks. Don't forget the slick road MTB riding and it's also a great place to take a spin on a roadie. The dry lake bed by Sevier Lake on hwy 50 is the only place where I was passed by a family sedan full of kids while I was cruising at 100+ mph.

Utah has some of the best snow skiing anywhere in the world. Even better than Colorado. :eek: @Black Boss Not to mention some great fly fishing as well and a few National Parks. Don't forget the slick road MTB riding and it's also a great place to take a spin on a roadie. The dry lake bed by Sevier Lake on hwy 50 is the only place where I was passed by a family sedan full of kids while I was cruising at 100+ mph.

Unfortunately the end of an era.

The Ford Performance School at MMP, now UMP was one of the best race school facilities in the US. Safe, with multiple configurations, classrooms and garages that were un-rivaled, and Utah offers multiple outdoor activity in the mountains and lakes in a true 4 season climate, together with fantastic off track driving scenery through the mountains or on the salt flats.

The writing was on the wall, after Miller passed away and the museum closed. I went there for Boss Track Attack, GT350 Track Attack, Competition License School, a NASA race weekend, the Focus RS Academy and a Ford GT Rally. All were unique experiences with first class staff, instructors and facilities. Great memories!!

TMO Supporting Vendors