The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Performance Time Trials | Ford Performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's an interesting on track twist with all 8 Ford Performance vehicles competing for the finish with staggered starts. The GT350R comes in 3rd - right behind the two FGT's.

Cool video.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Question Chris...noted you are in Japan, but assuming the GT is still Stateside? If not , we need pics of you driving among the throngs of Japanese admirers !

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Question Chris...noted you are in Japan, but assuming the GT is still Stateside? If not , we need pics of you driving among the throngs of Japanese admirers !

Boy do I wish I had it here. It's not remotely legal. It's currently in the care of my parents back at home, otherwise I'd be taking it to Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba, etc.

Also, we don't drive much here. It is much easier to just get a really cheap beater than to drive the Mustang the two minutes it takes to get to work on base. Inspections are not cheap either. It cost me $500 to get a 2005 Honda Fit registered and it would cost significantly more for a V8. Plus, the military wouldn't pay for it to be shipped anyways.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Assuming you are over there for a branch of our Armed Services? Dad was stationed at Chitose ( near Sapphoro on Hokkaido ) back in the 50s , so I spent 18 months in Japan as a child.

Appreciate your sacrifice for all of us back home.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Assuming you are over there for a branch of our Armed Services? Dad was stationed at Chitose ( near Sapphoro on Hokkaido ) back in the 50s , so I spent 18 months in Japan as a child.

Appreciate your sacrifice for all of us back home.

Bill, thanks for the support. I have been all over so far, including Chitose. I really, really, wish I had my car here. In the meantime I've been buying parts and having them shipped to my dad, who's watching the Mustang. The parts started taking up too much garage space so I am renting a large storage unit that we can both use in the meantime!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good thing about this Forum is we have some great folks on both coasts and there should be a Base near one of us --- have a feeling when you get back one or two of us will be in your area and happy to acquaint you with the local trackrat community!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Told him he needed to get shipped out to Bellevue , Nebraska for his next assignment ( Offutt , AFB ). Then he would have one road course about 20 minutes away, another 2 1/2 hours away and a third just under 3 hours. And you folks think we have no place to go in Nebraska , ha!?

TMO Supporting Vendors