The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford plans to sell ONLY electric vehicles in Europe by 2030

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Recycling is going to be a huge concern and let's hope we have learned the lessons from the lead acid environmental issues. There are areas still recovering from that situation and the residual effects from Lithium and other battery materials is considered as serious an issue for current and future disposal.

Bob, Jaguar going all Electric should not be a surprise, they would obviously want their cars to ......Purr !!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Toronto, Ohio
With all the cars out there running OEM turbo configurations these days to help with MPG, premium unleaded should be here for a while, but who knows...
I do hope Bill is right, but by 2050 my EV will be a wheel chair if I'm not 6 feet under by then, LOL. We have witnessed the decline in fuel quality for a long time now. Those of us with pre-1971 high performance cars had a choice of burning valves, getting hardened seats installed, or purchasing high priced racing gas once leaded fuel was taken away from us at our local pumps. Later, fuel became "oxygenated", also for emission reasons. I had inadvertently ruined a carburetor and one new engine in my lawn equipment from our current ethanol blended fuels, until getting smart and using additives. You can still find ethanol-free fuel at a few stations, like at marinas, but not cheap, and certainly not convenient. True that current turbo cars have advanced electronics to take advantage of premium fuel, but likewise they can also automatically detune for regular gas, with of course a small loss in power. So does the future look bright for availability of quality fuel - at reasonable prices? Or, will it be like what has happened to the cost & availability of zinc-enriched motor oils our non-roller cam vehicles require? Time will tell....

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Another good read that will affect the EV moving forward. Shortages are real for many materials and prices have skyrocketed on even mundane materials like Stainless Steel, which in my industry, have risen 15-25% in the past few months. Considering Graphite and most Rear Earth Elements used in batteries are mostly mined in China can put quite a crimp in the visions of an all EV society by any imagined deadline. And don't get me started on what this is going to do with inflation.

Last edited:
one other item, so if you travel across the country you have to stop for about 4 hours every 500 miles to recharge the battery?, they need to be rechargeable in about 5 to 10 minutes tops.

There might be battery trade in stations in the future...much like today's propane gas grill tank places that take your empty one and give you a full one...for a fee, of course....I don't see everybody recharging their batteries for free.........................

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel