The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing 12 quart pan and transmission cooling scoop fitment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As most of you know, I had this oil pan installed while my car was in the shop for a new clutch. My car is a 13' LS so I had the transmission cooling scoop installed when the car was dropped off. Now with the new oil pan in, the scoop contacts the oil pan. I never drove it like this; the original brace with no scoop is now on the car.

I'm going to clearance the scoop so that it will fit with no issues. Anyone have to do this? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BT

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Be sure the scoop does not touch the transmission. Mine did when I installed it. Rubbing will likely wear away it the trams and cause a squeak. How close is the pan to the scoop? Does the pan block the air flow to the scoop and trans?

There is no rubbing on the transmission. The pan does not block airflow at all. It's not lower than the scoop. The new pan takes up space further back towards back of the car. It's actually not deeper than the old pan.

The scoop touches flush with the new pan...

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Since I've had my BMR K-member installed, I had to remove my tranny cooling scoop due to the fact there is no longer a bolting location and BMR tells me they have no solution for me. Are there are any other solutions out there to cool the transmission without breaking the bank? I only run HPDE and get out to the track 3-5 tymes a year. Am I over thinking this for my use and should be fine without it?

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Since I've had my BMR K-member installed, I had to remove my tranny cooling scoop due to the fact there is no longer a bolting location and BMR tells me they have no solution for me. Are there are any other solutions out there to cool the transmission without breaking the bank? I only run HPDE and get out to the track 3-5 tymes a year. Am I over thinking this for my use and should be fine without it?

Looking at how simple a trans scoop is, can you grind the scoop off the stock bar and weld/have welded the scoop to the MBR hardware? OR find a sheetmetal shop and have one bent up. They do look like dustpans so maybe hit a janitorial supply or big box store and get creative with an industrial dustpan?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel