The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing 302R BBS 18" wheel with Hoosier R7 275/35R18 on a stock 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi,

I own a stock 2013 Boss and would like to upgrade to a set of track day wheels and tires. I looked at the Ford Racing 302R BBS 18" wheels that would fit 275/35/18 R7s but I am not sure if they will fit on the car.

Do they fit with the stock brakes?
Do I need spacers?
Do I need special lug nuts?
How about the TPMS?

I do not plan to make fundamental changes to the car, since I want to keep it as a daily driver.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Chris

Yes they do but you will need spacers up front to clear.
Yes you'll need larger lug nuts on the 10" and 10.5" wide wheels.
TPMS sensors will fit. Check the For Sale forum for an ebay seller that has them for $45 a set.

You'll need so use a smaller rear sway bar if you go square to balance the increase in grip up front. Lots of threads on this subject.

Apex makes near exact copies of the BBS wheels and have a great reputation. They are working on a 18x10.5" wheel and it should be ready soon.

http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/?search=Mustang#.VhpiJqRk-wk

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
An alternative to the BBS wheels are the SVE Drifts. They are 18x10, do not require any spacers and can be rotated to all four corners of the car...oh, and did I mention they are only $150 a wheel vs $500 a wheel for the BBS's. They are very strong and weigh 24lbs so slightly heavier than the BBS wheels but they are very strong. You can fit a 275 and even all the way up to a 305 depending on the tire. I'm running Pirelli PZero slicks in 305's on all four corner on the SVE drifts but the Pirelli slicks are a lot more narrow than a traditional 305. You will be fine running the 275 R7. Good luck

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel