The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing/Borla "Touring" Axlebacks - excellent condition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No converter since it was on a race car , but assume they were to OE specs. Great question and will try to find out , as I probably should have asked the fabricator before I posted this --- heh, AARP member , so I am allowed these Senior moments, ha.

Last edited:
tetstang - these fit directly to the factory over-axle pipes. You remove the stock mufflers and then twist off the factory ball-type clamp and use it with the new mufflers.

Bill - not sure what you are talking about?? Did you hit the Scotch a little early today?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Problem is ,Champale , this is on a Boss 302S, not a regular Boss 302, and I did not pay attention if things were modified or cut, so needed to double check and make sure the unit was full stock . Hate scotch ,but definitely a Senior moment before I checked to make sure all the system is intact and not modified, so.....

Will get back on this ad , place a bit early , ha!

Bill - I think you might be replying in the wrong thread! Either that or maybe I am the one having the (somewhat premature) senior moment!?!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Super Senior moment , didn't read the whole damn thing -- yours is a kick ass system and if I was paying attention I would not have screwed up your ad/posting. I have a GT 500 axle back system to sell and I posted it, but I forgot to see if it was modified since it was on my Boss 302S. Even if not ,it does have the dual exhaust tips on each side, so limited to what it would go on. Someone should snap yours up , as it is light , sounds killer and will not have fitment issues mine likely will have. Sorry, old age and bifocals caused me to essentially hijack your thread , though unintentional. Folks want less weight and that is what your system will do - the one I have is definitely heavier and that is why we took it off.

Good luck on the sale .....no Scotch on my part, maybe I should start , even though I don't like the stuff, ha?!@

Haha no problem at all, Bill! Good luck with selling yours! I am guessing yours are for the 2013/14 "Trinity" GT500s and you should have little trouble selling those.

I used to drink Scotch . . . until I realized it messed with my sleep. Bourbon=my happy.

Price dropped to $350 shipped. These things are in pretty much perfect shape and sound absolutely superb.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel