The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Boss 302 Springs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes they are designed to lower the car and stay close to the stock ride not turn it into a race car. :)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
What gets me is that the description says "for 2012-13 Boss 302 only" like the Boss has some magical S197 chassis that we mere mortals don't have. If they work well on Boss cars I would tempt the Gods and put them on my Baus 302.

Can we get one of those popcorn eating smileys for when I post my occasional sarcastic remark?
Steve

steveespo said:
What gets me is that the description says "for 2012-13 Boss 302 only" like the Boss has some magical S197 chassis that we mere mortals don't have. If they work well on Boss cars I would tempt the Gods and put them on my Baus 302.

Can we get one of those popcorn eating smileys for when I post my occasional sarcastic remark?
Steve
Come on they are magical. They even have a little number on the intake to prove it. ;)

konablueeboss302 said:
Hmm those springs look EXACTLY like the Steeda Ultralites I had on my '12. The advertised drop appears roughly the same (keeping in mind that Bosses already sit 10-15mm lower than a GT at the front). Even the number of coils seem to be the same.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-s197-mustang-ultra-lite-springs.html

I have Ps on my '13 LS and have been contemplating going back to Ultralites (they are stiffer than the Ps). I am very curious about the specs on these new FRPP ones.

FYI, I called Steeda and the Boss springs have different rates than the ultra lights, especially in the rear. That is why I went with them.

isrboss

steveespo said:

Steve

That's funny I was having very similar thoughts! Damn I hate marketing BS. Can ONLY be used with the Boss dampers. If it's progressive rates that makes it even more funny. Well still might end up getting them if Ford is willing to still warranty the factory dampers and components(like the upper strut mounts).

Hey guys - good catch on the photo of the "T" springs being the same as the Ks.

I wish Sam Strano or some other suspension guru would participate in these threads. Sam told me 2 interesting things last year when I was considering my first set of springs: 1) the rear Steeda Boss springs are actually the same spring rate as the Ultralites, and the Ultralites are actually stiffer than the Sports (despite what Steeda told me on the phone).

It's funny that FRPP has waited until after the Boss is out of production to release these new springs. Most of us chose our springs a long time ago and have moved on to other things to waste money on!

I spoke with one of the FRPP sales dudes today. According to them;

The springs are designed to be used with the boss adjustable Tokico shocks.
They have been working on these springs for a while, testing, etc.
It's a 15 and 35mm drop from the existing Boss, for front and back.
The only optional item recommended is the panhard bar. No LCA needed.
The first batch is to be shipped 6/21/13. First come first serve, and the waiting list is growing.

I'll probably go with these springs with the panhard bar to go with my adj sway bars and camber plates. Any thoughts?

further said:
I spoke with one of the FRPP sales dudes today. According to them;

The springs are designed to be used with the boss adjustable Tokico shocks.
They have been working on these springs for a while, testing, etc.
It's a 15 and 35mm drop from the existing Boss, for front and back.
The only optional item recommended is the panhard bar. No LCA needed.
The first batch is to be shipped 6/21/13. First come first serve, and the waiting list is growing.

I'll probably go with these springs with the panhard bar to go with my adj sway bars and camber plates. Any thoughts?
Go for it and report back how you like them. Those appear to have a drop between the FR P and K springs. Should be just about right.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I am looking for a drop that keeps it handling exactly the way it is now just lower. I dont want it stiffer at all hopefully these are those springs

Justin said:
I am looking for a drop that keeps it handling exactly the way it is now just lower. I dont want it stiffer at all hopefully these are those springs

My guess is they will be a little stiffer. I hoping they eliminate some of the bouncy-ness of the stock setup. I not sure the stock dampers can handle much stiffer springs.

They are supposed to work well with the Tokicos. Not sure about longevity.

They apparently are stiffer and lower for more performance.

Got my order in on the FRPP springs.

Incidentally, what are these?

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/2012-2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-eibach-sportline-springs-p-140228.html

Are they special Eibach Sportline springs just for the Boss (different than the regular sportlines)?

further said:
Got my order in on the FRPP springs.

Incidentally, what are these?

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/2012-2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-eibach-sportline-springs-p-140228.html

Are they special Eibach Sportline springs just for the Boss (different than the regular sportlines)?
They are Eibach Sportline springs. From the ad:

"Eibach Sportline lowering springs for 2012-2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 5.0L V8 models,"

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel