The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Info is up on their website and it should be available for purchase mid September. It should have a nice increase in HP. Who's going to order one?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22445

M-9424-M50CJ.jpg

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Calibration required! Calibration not included!
Not compatible with Boss 302 strut tower brace
Suggested Retail Price
$995.00
:eek:

New TB required:

Fits 2011-2013 Mustang GT 5.0L Ti-VCT engine
Original equipment on naturally aspirated version of 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet Race Car
Made from light-weight composite material
Runners tuned for 7750 rpm peak power
Requires a GT500 throttle body or M-9926-CJ65, or M-9926-SCJ Cobra Jet throttle body
Requires custom air intake tube to mate to oval throttle body
Calibration required! Calibration not included!
Not compatible with Boss 302 strut tower brace
Compatible with production 5.0L Ti-VCT fuel rail
O-ring intake gaskets included
Significant power increase above the M-9424-M50BR Ford Racing Boss 302 intake manifold with no loss of torque.
Nitrous oxide not recommended for use with this manifold

PeteInCT said:
LOL I'm waiting on Steve. Let's get "Mikey" ;D I echo Steve's sentiments on this one. Since it's not out until September I'll have the opportunity to see what the tuners do with it and hopefully a few of you Southern boys will guinea pig it ;) Then I can put it on my new "winter mods" list :D

cloud9 said:
PeteInCT said:
LOL I'm waiting on Steve. Let's get "Mikey" ;D I echo Steve's sentiments on this one. Since it's not out until September I'll have the opportunity to see what the tuners do with it and hopefully a few of you Southern boys will guinea pig it ;) Then I can put it on my new "winter mods" list :D

For $1000 plus a trottle body and a tune, sorry but not this Souther boy. 8)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I would run it.

I bet the price will be closer to what the boss intake is going for once it actually hits dealers. A TB from a 07+ GT500 would be easy enough to obtain for cheap. I would run a big mono blade though if I went with that intake along with bigger cams and full exhaust. Then you would need to adapt the tubing from the maf to the tb for the oval size. I bet they will release the Cobra Jet CAI at the same time (its 123MM ie HUGE!!).

But like others I am going to wait and see how it performs and if its worth the mod.

Looks interesting but this transplanted southern Yankee will not be trying it soon. I still need to control the power I have now, lol. It was not too long ago that 444 was a lot of horsepower ::) It would be nice to keep up with some lighter cars on the long straights but until I hear more about Peter's clutch fix I am holding off on the mods.

Good read about this Boss 302 with the new SCJ intake, mustangsdaily.com 500 horse power Boss 302! Ford Racing's Andrew Casselberry is claiming an extra 68 HP and 23 lb-ft torque, totaling 512 horsepower plus 403 torque, this is with the upgraded cams, long tube headers.

Last year at the Woodward dream weekend I got to ride in this car, it was a beast, pulled like a train!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
steveespo said:
I put mine in the first time without dropping the K member. Never again. Drop the K and save 8 hours turning nuts an 1/8 turn at a time
that would take only an hour then lol. Flex head ratcheting wrenches are your best weapon

TMO Supporting Vendors