The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Gauge Pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Ford Racing send out the gauge pack as seen on american muscle to Boss owners?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-guage-pack-1012.html

Just wondering because the two Laguna Seca's that I have seen at car shows both had the gauge pack.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Daniel said:
Does Ford Racing send out the gauge pack as seen on american muscle to Boss owners?

Just wondering because the two Laguna Seca's that I have seen at car shows both had the gauge pack.

The Laguna Seca's come with the guage pack....it's part of the LS package. You can order this from many vendors....including Ford Racing.

VWGTI123 said:
$1260 bucks... Really? Is it worth that? I dont think so. JMO
Yeah I know lol, but the two Laguna Seca's I have seen have both had them lol so I was just wondering if they sent them out

Senderofan said:
Daniel said:

The Laguna Seca's come with the guage pack....it's part of the LS package. You can order this from many vendors....including Ford Racing.
Even the 2013's? or does Ford Send them seperate?

Senderofan

Daniel said:
Senderofan said:
Daniel said:

Even the 2013's? or does Ford Send them seperate?

It's a standard feature on the LS. It comes from the factory that way. Those of us with the plain Boss can purchase and install the same deal....if a guy really wants to? And yes......Standard on the 2013 LS.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Daniel said:
VWGTI123 said:
$1260 bucks... Really? Is it worth that? I dont think so. JMO
Yeah I know lol, but the two Laguna Seca's I have seen have both had them lol so I was just wondering if they sent them out

The 2012 LS come with them from the factory. Pretty sure the 2013 does not have.

I have seen a Laguna Seca in person at a dealership and they didn't have them, but they did have the front splitter so I don't know if they come with them

Senderofan

I stand corrected.....they must not have included that as standard on the 2013...not sure why? Perhaps it was to keep production costs down......or they felt it didn't add much to the vehicle....or the new display between the tach and speedo? I was surprised to see it was taken off.

Senderofan said:
I stand corrected.....they must not have included that as standard on the 2013...not sure why?
It seems very stupid that they didn't though. On ford.com they had it listed in the features box for Laguna Seca's though so I have no idea

Senderofan

Daniel said:
Senderofan said:
I stand corrected.....they must not have included that as standard on the 2013...not sure why?
It seems very stupid that they didn't though. On ford.com they had it listed in the features box for Laguna Seca's though so I have no idea

I had seen the same info. and made an ass-umption myself.

Sesshomurai

The gauge pack was rendered obsolete for the '13's I think because the car data is now available in the 4.5" video display in the center dash.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
That's a matter of opinion, you can only get 1 reading at a time with the LCD, the cluster gives you 3 at a glance.

Sesshomurai

Yeah. I like the gauge pack better. I just meant that since ford removed it and as an option they felt it was replaced by the display. Im old school and dont like the display.

I did it on my 2012 a year ago. At the time CJ Parts had the Ford kit on sale for less than $1,000. It is a very difficult installation (I used to do custom audio installation in my youth 20 years ago), and very easy to damage your dash with all of the components that must be removed and having to cut through the dash in tight places. I can see a dealer charging at least 3-4 hours labor to do this.

That said, I love having it.

#1024 2012 in CO

Also- the gauge pack is NOT part of the 2013 LS due to the LCD screen.

At least I am not the only one that thought the Gauge Pack would come on my 2013 LS. With the limited amount of info and literature available on this years model, I thought it came with them from the website detail page pop up. I spoke with Ford customer service when my 2013 LS was delivered. Since it wasn't on the build sheet/window sticker, and it wasn't even a option when ordering the car, they said that it was a dealer issue since the car was delivered per the build sheet. They also said that the new multifunctional display was the reason they eliminated the gauge pod. I pointed out the error on their website and of course, they told me that advertising errors occur and they would notify the website content person. Not willing to waste too much time for zero return (I read the tea leaves on this issue), I went ahead and purchased a Gauge set. I am halfway through the install and I would say it is a medium to difficult install. I'll post additional install instructions to supplement the Ford ones when done.

TMO Supporting Vendors