The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing LCA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like the steeda billet ones but make sure you do know they are going to give you a louder/rougher ride. The stock ones have a rubber and it absorbes alot not to mention the top control arm has a huge rubber and it takes alot of the harmonic vibrations out of yur ride.

What do you plan on using the car for? If it's a mostly track dedicated car go for the S otherwise use the R1 if you do more street driving. The S has spherical rod ends so NHV will be increased.

Eric said:
Rick,
Any comments on NVH?
Thanks
R
Eric
Between the LCA and panhard bar there is an increase in NHV but it's not annoying. I'm told the panhard bar causes the biggest increase in NHV. The LCA will reduce or eliminate axle hop when playing John Force. :D

Have you read these threads?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/i-did-what-i-said-i-wouldn%27t-suspension-parts-are-in-route/

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/ford-racing-suspension-upgrades/

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Gary (Cloud9) and I both have the S arms. To say they are quiet would be a flat-out lie. However, it appears that 99% of the noise comes from when the arm rotates and hits the steel spacer sleeves. I'm gonna wrap this spacers in rubber and that should remove most of the noise until the bearings get loose.

JScheier said:
Gary (Cloud9) and I both have the S arms. To say they are quiet would be a flat-out lie. However, it appears that 99% of the noise comes from when the arm rotates and hits the steel spacer sleeves. I'm gonna wrap this spacers in rubber and that should remove most of the noise until the bearings get loose.

When you put lower upper control arms in you are going to have alot more noise it's simple the stock ones have large rubbers to calm down all the harmonics. I have seen alot of people have them installed then right away have them removed they were not aware of the noise they are going to get. You have to give to get and if you want a race car you are going to give the comfort levels. I do however think why buy this particular car if you want comfort?

SteedaBrandon

jeepinocala said:
I like the steeda billet ones but make sure you do know they are going to give you a louder/rougher ride. The stock ones have a rubber and it absorbes alot not to mention the top control arm has a huge rubber and it takes alot of the harmonic vibrations out of yur ride.
This depends largely on which of our billet arms you go with. The billets with our 3-piece bushings are actually very quiet (almost as quiet as OEM) and greatly reduce deflection. They have a 3-piece bushing that has a harder inner bushing with the softer polyurethane bushings, this is what helps to prevent them from adding much NVH.

OP, let me know if I can help you with anything.

SteedaBrandon said:
jeepinocala said:
This depends largely on which of our billet arms you go with. The billets with our 3-piece bushings are actually very quiet (almost as quiet as OEM) and greatly reduce deflection. They have a 3-piece bushing that has a harder inner bushing with the softer polyurethane bushings, this is what helps to prevent them from adding much NVH.

OP, let me know if I can help you with anything.

I do have the billet with the three bushing and yes it does magnify a bit of noise but I do believe ANY lower control arm comming from the stock soft rubber one will do the same it's not real bad just dont want to make someone thing they are like stock cause they are not. Now on the good side they work great and I would never go back to stock EVER ;D

Been running the STEEDA LCA's in my car since 2007 and NEVER heard a noise. If your hearing things, then grease them. I swapped to our LCA because of the billet design though. Noticed a huge difference as well.

Our LCA is a billet designed which uses a Poly Energy Suspension pre-greased lifetime warranty bushing.

retails for $189.99

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
STEVE@BBR said:
Been running the STEEDA LCA's in my car since 2007 and NEVER heard a noise. If your hearing things, then grease them. I swapped to our LCA because of the billet design though. Noticed a huge difference as well.

Our LCA is a billet designed which uses a Poly Energy Suspension pre-greased lifetime warranty bushing.

retails for $189.99
I have these very same ones on my boss and they make zero noise. I recommend them to anyone wanting to upgrade there LCA's

It is not that they make the noise they just allow more noises to come through being a stiffer bushing and all of them do this unless they have rubber bushings like the stock ones.

jeepinocala said:
It is not that they make the noise they just allow more noises to come through being a stiffer bushing and all of them do this unless they have rubber bushings like the stock ones.

Sorry but they will not make any NHV. Mine never have with the STEEDA or BBR's. With a poly bushing and using a billet arm, you are reducing the un-sprung weight and getting rid of the wheel hop. You are allowing the bushing to take the blunt of the weight transfer. By using a better bushing, it will absorb the shock and keeping it from going elsewhere. A rubber bushing will not absorb anything and can cause more damage then good with wheel hop.

Eric said:
Any recommendations on LCA's...M-5649-S or M-5649-R1?

I use the Steeda LCA's with poymer ends. They took the side to side slop out of the rear end when the tires break free. They aren't noisy. They are an easy install. I'm happy with them. I've owned cars with sperical ends. IMO you don't need them unless you are building a race car.

TMO Supporting Vendors