The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you need to run an aftermarket (non-OEM) lower control arm with the Ford Racing LCA brackets? I couldn't get the stock LCAs to work.

Thanks
r/
Eric

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
You'd need to use a jack and block of wood on the front of the diff to rotate the axle housing back up to connect. If the car isn't lowered, these probably won't help, and will likely throw off your pinion angle.

Yes, the car has been lowered....this was to correct the LCA angle. The stock LCA hits the back of the bracket. It would seem you have to run an aftermarket LCA, at least with these brackets. Just wondering if others have had the same experience.
Thanks
r/
Eric

Hello
I think i posted early that i had BMR relocation brackets when I in fact have UMI relocation brackets ( darn things look the same) I was able to use stock lower control arms with the UMI relocation brackets . I had them in the upper holes .

If you dropped the rear more than an inch, you should get the LCA lowering brackets. Also available from Steeda. You can get a new LCA fixed length or adjustable. I lowered my rear about 7/8" and my stocl LCA still work.

TMO Supporting Vendors