The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Oil Pan M-6675-M50BR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwilde001 said:
Make sure you keep an eye on the oil pan clearance with the inside corners (seam) of the K-Member. I found my oil pan front edges were rubbing at this point and had to relieve the inside seams a little to gain the clearance needed. If you have aftermarket or solid motor mounts, this may not be an issue. I have stock motor mounts and found I had the issue after my first track day. If you have the motor pulled, you should be able to do this fairly easy before you find you have an issue.
Hi Wwilde001,
Would you by any chance have a picture of the areas you had to grind to clearance the FRPP oil pan?

I don't. But if you look where the stock oil pan sits, the two inside 90 bends in the K member is where I had to take about 1/8" out . The two front edges of the FRPP oil pan is where I had the clearance issue. Hope this helps.

wwilde001 said:
I don't. But if you look where the stock oil pan sits, the two inside 90 bends in the K member is where I had to take about 1/8" out . The two front edges of the FRPP oil pan is where I had the clearance issue. Hope this helps.
It does!
Thank you.

YellowBoss said:
I am not sure why Ford Racing decided not to include the fitting for the oil level sensor, I found out today the S does have the same sensor as the production Boss. For the money paid on this pan it is a shortcoming for sure. Bill was lucky enough to be close to Watson to have his fitted there. Good news is they seem to be helpful and are looking to get the measurements to mount mine.

I am just in front of installing my Ford Racing oil pan and have therefore an urgent question, as I just saw now that there is predefined place for the oil level sensor.

Does anyone know if there is any drawback if I do not have that sensor installed, like getting wrong signals or errors without?

With the sensor unplugged and or not present, after several start cycles (not sure how many), the low oil warning will come up on the display. This is annoying, but you can press OK to get rid of the warning. This does not put your engine in any degraded mode, so if you can live with the light on startup, you will be OK. Hope this helps.

wwilde001 said:
With the sensor unplugged and or not present, after several start cycles (not sure how many), the low oil warning will come up on the display. This is annoying, but you can press OK to get rid of the warning. This does not put your engine in any degraded mode, so if you can live with the light on startup, you will be OK. Hope this helps.

Thx for the quick reply, that helps. :)

Does anyone has an idea of how to avoid the annoying warning?

Does anyone know if you buy an oil pan without the low oil sensor fitting (ie Ford Racing) can you just put the sensor connected to the wiring harness and wire tie it out of the way, will this keep the warning light from coming on?

I suspect the sensor provides a resistance reading when the oil is on the sensor. A descent wiring diagram should have the expected resistance and then you should be able to insert a resistor with that value on the connector, tricking the system into thinking everything is good.

Thx for the replies, we have added the OEM sensor to the Ford Racing Oil Pan, no issues with the sensor now.

Drill a hole in the equivalent location (matching the stock oil pan hole location)
Make sure the hole is clean and the sensor barely slips through it.
Find a nut that matches the sensor plastic threads.
Find a large washers that fits the threads diameter.
Dry everything with break cleaner or solvent.
Put some high temp oil resistant silicone on the sensor o-ring and threads.
Tighten the new sensor nut in the oil pan.
Et voila!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel