The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Oil Pan M-6675-M50BR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couple of shots of the FR oil pan (for Andy). This piece is sweet to say the least but it is very costly. It was recommended that I get this because of the mods on the Boss and level at which I am driving the car by the owner of Racers Edge. He has been extremely helpful getting the Boss setup and is a fountain of knowledge from years of racing, building and owning a race team. I am not normally like this but at this point if he tells me to pour ball bearing in the intake I will not question him and do it!

He has nothing to gain here since he is not a vendor selling parts or make anything off me getting this. Still he felt that this was necessary and not just a nice to have part. BTW- any FL GA guys looking to do serious mods can contact Racers Edge to have work done at the race shop near Daytona.

I will add a shot attached to the motor and installed when I can.
CIMG4210_zps9b1910a7.png
CIMG4211_zpsc020ae2f.png
CIMG4212_zps384985ae.png
CIMG4213_zps830f4c7d.png
CIMG4214_zps2a97d03a.png
CIMG4215_zps50dae939.png

Sweet. Does it have locations for oil temp/pressure sensors?

The fitting up front is for a temp gauge. I will need to figure out if we can wire the level sensor shut. I am not sure if that will give me a CEL or limp mode yet.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Nice but the price is crazy. Not sure how they came up with that. You could have one made custom for that price. Very good for the engine, bad for the wallet ;D

Curious to know...is anyone logging oil pressure data?
Just how bad is the stock pan with circuit use? What kind of pressures are people seeing in braking zones, sweepers etc?

VTBoss302 said:
YB,

Curious to know the overall effect (if any) on ground clearance...

I do not think there will be any difference but will post a picture later.

boro92 said:
Curious to know...is anyone logging oil pressure data?
Just how bad is the stock pan with circuit use? What kind of pressures are people seeing in braking zones, sweepers etc?

I have not but I am sure Ford Racing has done some data working with the race teams. I would assume the stock pan is good to a certain point on the track and even if I can drive no where close to a seasoned driver Jon still feft it was needed at my level. Sucks adding the weight up front but it is low and adds extra cooling also.

As far as having a cover over the top of the trap or other things, I am sure FR or the racers have thought about it and felt it was not needed. I have a strong opinion about FR parts and an even stronger opinion of using what the teams use tested on the race track. For this reason I did not even look at the other pans and got this one. At least it is a one time cost unless I do some off roading again.

Here is mine mounted to the motor. I had them install the oil level sensor fitting to keep the stock sensor in place. Just in case you were wondering, almost 15 quarts of oil with the FRPP oil cooler installed.

IMG_0373_zpsd41dfa65.jpg

wwilde001 said:
Here is mine mounted to the motor. I had them install the oil level sensor fitting to keep the stock sensor in place. Just in case you were wondering, almost 15 quarts of oil with the FRPP oil cooler installed.

Thanks Bill for that! Can you provide me with the size hole drilled, if different then the stock pan, doubtful but just checking. Also the measures where it was drilled. This will be a big help, I thought about doing this but was unsure of the mounting height and considered closing the circuit.

Are you going to add the temp sensor up front. If so what are you considered/done?

I had the work done at Watson Engineering. They produce this pan for FRPP. If your interested PM me and I will give you a point of contact. They may be willing to give you this data. Very nice guys to work with. This was part of the work I had done at Capaldi Racing. Hoping to maybe keep the motor under warranty, but since everything else changed, I doubt it, but you never know. I've got the guage pack installed along with all the digital gauges that came with the 13. I don't think I'll have any temperature issues with all that I had done. Here is the front of the car with the radiator shroud, FRPP oil cooler. Capaldi Racing radiator and FRPP cooling fan behind the condenser coils.

IMG_0427_zps47cdf5f7.jpg

In order to put these in.

Exedy Hyper Single Clutch, Magnum XL Close ratio tranny and a pair of Kook Shorty Headers to name a couple. Also had the engine harness upgraded while it was out.

IMG_0395_zps580123d6.jpg

IMG_0417_zps5557abcc.jpg

IMG_0389_zpsc955cd10.jpg

IMG_0370_zps6bdfd9d4.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors